[comp.sources.d] postings in c.s.misc and c.s.unix

kjk@pbhyf.PacBell.COM (Ken Keirnan) (09/10/88)

Whats happening?  Have Brandon and Rich been swallowed by a black hole?
Have the postings to the source groups been routed to /dev/null?
Inquiring minds want to know.  Silence is *not* always golden.

Ken Keirnan
--

Ken Keirnan - Pacific Bell - {att,bellcore,sun,ames,pyramid}!pacbell!pbhyf!kjk
  San Ramon, California	                    kjk@pbhyf.PacBell.COM

mjbtn@killer.DALLAS.TX.US (Mark Bailey) (09/11/88)

In article <3921@pbhyf.PacBell.COM>, kjk@pbhyf.PacBell.COM (Ken Keirnan) writes:

> Whats happening?  Have Brandon and Rich been swallowed by a black hole?
> Have the postings to the source groups been routed to /dev/null?
> Inquiring minds want to know.  Silence is *not* always golden.

I think I should note here that Brandon's home base, ncoast, has been not
answering the phone for quite some time now.  One netter who talks with
ncoast for news and mail checked his log for me and had had ONLY *3*
successful connects since the first of the month.  So, if ncoast isn't
online, there's no way for stuff to flow.  Does anyone have any ideas
as to what is going on up there?  If someone hears something, please
let me hear from you via email at 'mjbtn!root@killer.Dallas.TX.US'

Thanks.

Mark Bailey.

gnu@hoptoad.uucp (John Gilmore) (09/12/88)

We connected at last with ncoast tonight, but didn't receive any news
from there, indicating that they were pretty solidly down (not
getting any other alt feeds).  Anyway, comp.sources.misc will probably
be back shortly if ncoast stays up.  Next time this happens, though,
remember alt.sources -- the unmoderated alternative to stopped-up data sinks.
--
John Gilmore :-)  {sun,pacbell,uunet,pyramid,amdahl}!hoptoad!gnu  gnu@toad.com
  there's still time to change the road you're on.  --LZ: "Stairway to Heaven"