[comp.sources.d] v04i043: Jetroff Basic Fonts

twb@hoqax.UUCP (T.W. Beattie) (09/14/88)

What is Jetroff?
Why doesn't the posting indicate what it is?
Why does this sort of thing happen so often?
Tom.

fsg@holos0.UUCP (Frank Glass) (09/15/88)

	I sincerely appreciate the postings in comp.sources.{unix,misc},
which is why I bring out the following small flame with reluctance.

	It would be nice if in posting multipart sources, part one could
include within the first 40 lines or so a brief abstract of what the
posting is.  In the above referenced posting, are the fonts for a
{desk,laser,think,ink,Lear}jet?  I _have_ at least one of the above.
As it stands, I don't know whether to ignore or save.  Come to think
of it, any _large_ posting should start with some sort of breif description.

--
Frank Glass
Holos Software, Inc.

--
Frank Glass
Holos Software, Inc.

rick@pcrat.UUCP (Rick Richardson) (09/17/88)

In article <1358@holos0.UUCP> fsg@holos0.UUCP (Frank Glass) writes:
>	It would be nice if in posting multipart sources, part one could
>include within the first 40 lines or so a brief abstract of what the

Well, it was supposed to go out in two phases: 7 parts of source,
followed by 27 parts of fonts.  I think Brandon was worried that
ncoast might not last long, and wanted to dump the biggest stuff
onto the net first.  So the readable stuff will come later.

By now, you may have read the announcement in comp.text.  If not,
go take a look there.
--
		Rick Richardson, PC Research, Inc.
		rick%pcrat.uucp@uunet.uu.net (INTERNET)

spector@vx2.NYU.EDU (David HM Spector) (09/17/88)

It seems that parts 13 through 16 of the fonts (inclusive) didn't make
it out.  (At least they didn't make it here, and we're a backbone
site..)

Might they be reposted?

Thanks,
_DHMS
David HM Spector				   New York University
Senior Systems Programmer			   Graduate School of Business
ARPAnet: SPECTOR@GBA.NYU.EDU			   Academic Computing Center
USEnet:...!{allegra,rocky,harvard}!cmcl2!spector   90 Trinity Place, Rm C-4
HamRadio: N2BCA      MCIMail: DSpector             New York, New York 10006
AppleLink: D1161     CompuServe: 71260,1410        (212) 285-6080
"What computer puts out work like this?"          "Hire us and we'll tell you."

karl@triceratops.cis.ohio-state.edu (Karl Kleinpaste) (09/19/88)

Hm, pretty weird.  All 27 parts got here (and we're backbone as well),
plus the 7-part source package.

The typical Path: in these articles was fairly, um, typical:
	tut.cis.ohio-state.edu!cwjcc!hal!ncoast!allbery
with a few exceptions.  (Did we lose track of cwjcc for a day?  I
hadn't noticed until now...)

--Karl

kworrell@urbsdc.Urbana.Gould.COM (09/20/88)

Some sites (ours in particular) only got every fourth or fifth
posting.  How about making this available via anonymous ftp.

Kurt J. Worrell	                 USEnet1:    uunet!uiucuxc!urbsdc!kworrell
Gould CSD-Urbana                 ARPAnet:    kworrell@xenurus.Gould.Com
**** Standard Disclaimer ***     BELLnet:    (217) 384-8500, x740

steve@polyslo.CalPoly.EDU (Steve DeJarnett) (09/20/88)

In article <26500003@urbsdc> kworrell@urbsdc.Urbana.Gould.COM writes:

>Some sites (ours in particular) only got every fourth or fifth
>posting.  How about making this available via anonymous ftp.

	I haven't tried compiling our version yet, but we did get all of the
source, so anyone who wants to ftp it can do so from polyslo.CalPoly.EDU
(129.65.17.1) under src/jetroff.

| Steve DeJarnett            | Smart Mailers -> steve@polyslo.CalPoly.EDU     |
| Computer Systems Lab       | Dumb Mailers  -> ..!ucbvax!voder!polyslo!steve |
| Cal Poly State Univ.       |------------------------------------------------|
| San Luis Obispo, CA  93407 | BITNET = Because Idiots Type NETwork           |

allbery@ncoast.UUCP (Brandon S. Allbery) (09/23/88)

As quoted from <1804@hoqax.UUCP> by twb@hoqax.UUCP (T.W. Beattie):
+---------------
| What is Jetroff?
| Why doesn't the posting indicate what it is?
| Why does this sort of thing happen so often?

It happens so often because I'm supposed to get stuff out FAST, not take time
to read the sources and figure out exactly what everything is and then write
a description.

JetRoff is a shareware ditroff-to-HP-LaserJet filter.

++Brandon
--
Brandon S. Allbery, uunet!marque!ncoast!allbery			DELPHI: ALLBERY
	    For comp.sources.misc send mail to ncoast!sources-misc