[comp.sources.d] Subject line for multi-part postings

vic@zen.UUCP (Victor Gavin) (10/02/88)

In article <426@gonzo.UUCP> daveb@gonzo.UUCP (Dave Brower) writes:
>In article <469@snjsn1.SJ.ATE.SLB.COM> greg%sentry@spar.slb.com (Greg Wageman) writes:
>>I would like to vote for changing the "Subject:" lines of multi-part
>>postings to be all identical, and have the part numbers be somewhere
>>else.
>
>            A lot of archiving gets an Index from the Subject line.
>Without differences between parts 1 and N of a multipart posting in the
>Subject, it would be really hard to figure out what was what.

I agree with Greg, stick the computers data somewhere else.
If "somewhere else" could be agreed upon, then junking or collecting similar
postings would become easier.

--- my pennies worth ---

I suggest that since there are already oodles of header lines, another is added
which contains the reference number and part number for the posting.

			vic
--
Victor Gavin						Zengrange Limited
vic@zen.co.uk						Greenfield Road