[comp.sources.d] full-screen oriented rn's

weemba@garnet.berkeley.edu (Obnoxious Math Grad Student) (10/11/88)

In article <2743@uvacs.cs.Virginia.EDU>, rwl@uvacs (Ray Lubinsky) writes:
>Rn is not full-screen oriented; [...]  I just want an interface that
>doesn't keep my eyes jumping around the screen looking for things.

Gnews (my GNU Emacs newsreader) and xrn (an X windows newsreader) are
both implementations of rn that are full-screen oriented.

ucbvax!garnet!weemba	Matthew P Wiener/Brahms Gang/Berkeley CA 94720

steig@svax.cs.cornell.edu (Mark J. Steiglitz) (10/12/88)

In article <15276@agate.BERKELEY.EDU> weemba@garnet.berkeley.edu (Obnoxious Math Grad Student) writes:

>Gnews (my GNU Emacs newsreader) and xrn (an X windows newsreader) are
>both implementations of rn that are full-screen oriented.

Where can I get Gnews and xrn?  Gnews is not in the standard GNU emacs
distribution, and xrn is not in the standard X distribution?
|Mark J. Steiglitz, 6133 North Campus #6, Ithaca, NY  14853-6004, 607-253-6635|
|Bitnet: steig%svax.ccs.cornell.edu@CORNELLC, steig@CRNLVAX5                  |
|Arpanet: steig@svax.ccs.cornell.edu, steig@vax5.ccs.cornell.edu              |
|Usenet:..{cmcl2,shasta,uw-beaver,rochester,mailrus}!cornell!{svax,vax5}!steig|

weemba@garnet.berkeley.edu (Obnoxious Math Grad Student) (10/12/88)

In article <21657@cornell.UUCP>, steig@svax (Mark J. Steiglitz) writes:
>>Gnews (my GNU Emacs newsreader) and xrn (an X windows newsreader) are
>>both implementations of rn that are full-screen oriented.

>Where can I get Gnews and xrn?  Gnews is not in the standard GNU emacs
>distribution, and xrn is not in the standard X distribution?

You can get both via anonymous ftp from ucbvax.

I'd hold off on getting Gnews, as a new version is coming shortly.

ucbvax!garnet!weemba	Matthew P Wiener/Brahms Gang/Berkeley CA 94720