[comp.sources.d] Descriptive Info. WAS Re: v04i043: Jetroff Basic Fonts

twb@hoqax.UUCP (T.W. Beattie) (09/26/88)

In article <12595@ncoast.UUCP>, allbery@ncoast.UUCP (Brandon S. Allbery) writes:
< As quoted from <1804@hoqax.UUCP> by twb@hoqax.UUCP (T.W. Beattie):
< +---------------
< | What is Jetroff?
< | Why doesn't the posting indicate what it is?
< | Why does this sort of thing happen so often?
< +---------------
<
< It happens so often because I'm supposed to get stuff out FAST, not take time
< to read the sources and figure out exactly what everything is and then write
< a description.
<
< JetRoff is a shareware ditroff-to-HP-LaserJet filter.

It seems like the author of a 27 part posting could be asked to supply a
description of what the posting is.
ALL postings should have a "One-Liner" or better supplied to the Moderator.
Certainly the Moderator should not have to figure out what everything is.

Tom.

allbery@ncoast.UUCP (Brandon S. Allbery) (10/04/88)

As quoted from <1836@hoqax.UUCP> by twb@hoqax.UUCP (T.W. Beattie):
+---------------
| It seems like the author of a 27 part posting could be asked to supply a
| description of what the posting is.
| ALL postings should have a "One-Liner" or better supplied to the Moderator.
| Certainly the Moderator should not have to figure out what everything is.
+---------------

Actually, in this particular case he DID, but I posted them in the wrong
order (fonts before source, should have been the other way around) because
I didn't want to take the time to rearrange everything and ncoast was
unreliable enough that I wanted to get the stuff out FAST before it died
again (or the CPU board got taken back).  It will be noted that I've taken
action to avoid this in the future; hopefully I'll be up on UUNET in a week
or so.

++Brandon
--
Brandon S. Allbery, uunet!marque!ncoast!allbery			DELPHI: ALLBERY
	  For comp.sources.misc send mail to <backbone>!sources-misc

jfh@rpp386.Dallas.TX.US (The Beach Bum) (10/05/88)

In article <12653@ncoast.UUCP> allbery@ncoast.UUCP (Brandon S. Allbery) writes:
>Brandon S. Allbery, uunet!marque!ncoast!allbery			DELPHI: ALLBERY
>	  For comp.sources.misc send mail to <backbone>!sources-misc
>comp.sources.misc is moving off ncoast -- please do NOT send submissions direct
>	  "So many articles, so little time...."  -- The Line-Eater

Not very often someone follows up to your .signature ...

I'm posting so you won't quick go add a mailpath for comp.sources.misc
as sources-misc@<backbone>.  I made a submission to sources-misc@uunet
and it bounced ;-(.  What gives???
--
John F. Haugh II (jfh@rpp386.Dallas.TX.US)                   HASA, "S" Division

      "Why waste negative entropy on comments, when you could use the same
                   entropy to create bugs instead?" -- Steve Elias

allbery@ncoast.UUCP (Brandon S. Allbery) (10/13/88)

As quoted from <7547@rpp386.Dallas.TX.US> by jfh@rpp386.Dallas.TX.US (The Beach Bum):
+---------------
| I'm posting so you won't quick go add a mailpath for comp.sources.misc
| as sources-misc@<backbone>.  I made a submission to sources-misc@uunet
| and it bounced ;-(.  What gives???
+---------------

UUNET is the exception:  they do NOT carry the backbone moderator's aliases.
:-( [I'd guess that att also doesn't have them now, due to their antisocial
mail policy.]  The move is not yet complete, I'll let everyone know when it's
operational.  In the meantime, try gatech or some other backbone.

++Brandon
--
Brandon S Allbery uunet!hal.cwru.edu!ncoast!allbery allbery%ncoast@hal.cwru.edu
(LAST RESORT ONLY:  allbery@uunet.uu.net)			DELPHI: ALLBERY

rick@seismo.CSS.GOV (Rick Adams) (10/14/88)

> | as sources-misc@<backbone>.  I made a submission to sources-misc@uunet
> | and it bounced ;-(.  What gives???
>
> UUNET is the exception:  they do NOT carry the backbone moderator's aliases.

Of course uunet carries the backbone moderator's aliases. You will
see that comp-sources-misc@uunet.uu.net works fine.

I have no idea what sources-misc@uunet.uu.net is supposed to do, but its
not in Spaffords list of moderators aliases.

--rick