[comp.sources.d] Ispell dictionary

ilan343@violet.berkeley.edu (10/23/88)

I have just install a version of Ispell I had retrieved from
comp.sources.misc a while ago. After applying two PATCHES,
I am running version 2.0.02.

My problem is that I don't have a dictionary with the suffix flags.
The ispell posting didn't have it, but mentioned something called
dict.191.

Where do I find it?

Thank for any suggestions.

geoff@desint.UUCP (Geoff Kuenning) (10/23/88)

In article <15879@agate.BERKELEY.EDU> ilan343@violet.berkeley.edu writes:

> My problem is that I don't have a dictionary with the suffix flags.
> The ispell posting didn't have it, but mentioned something called
> dict.191.

Since you're on the internet, I'd try ftp'ing it from MIT (sorry, I don't

If you can't get it from a neighbor (should be easy, since you have ftp
access at Berkeley), you can build a usable dictionary using the "munchlist"
script and /usr/dict/words.

And to forestall questions:  yes, I'm still planning an ispell posting
"Real Soon Now".  Things always seem to take longer than they should,
and I never heav enough time.  And yes, that posting will include a
dictionary.  (Three, actually, thanks to Bob Devine).

And no, please don't ask me for copies of ispell or the patches.  If
you can't get them from a neighbor, you'll just have to wait for my
posting.  I don't want to delay the posting further by answering patch
requests.  Sorry, but I hope you understand...
--
	Geoff Kuenning   geoff@ITcorp.com   uunet!desint!geoff