[comp.sources.d] dist2 patches

cjosta@taux01.UUCP (Jonathan Sweedler) (10/26/88)

I took the sources for dist2 off the net and tried to apply patches
1 and 2 but I got a good number of "failed hunks."  My perl does not
reside in /usr/bin/perl and patch 1 is supposed to allow you to change
the location of perl, but because of the failed hunks, it did not
enable me to do this.  I told the Configure script where my perl was,
but it didn't perform the necessary changes.  Has anyone else had
similar problems?
--
Jonathan Sweedler  ===  National Semiconductor Israel
UUCP:    ...!{amdahl,hplabs,decwrl}!nsc!taux01!cjosta

dbw@mtunk.ATT.COM (d.b.wood) (10/27/88)

I had the same problem, but I went in and fixed the rejected hunks.
The Header line in each of the hunks has the wrong keywords at the end
of the line (RCS keywords?), which I manually changed to be identical
with the files to be patched.  (So the matching would work)  After
that, I patched successfully from each of the rejected hunks, and
continued with a successful make.

(Larry posted about the same problem with another package that came
out recently.)

Dave Wood

nick@ccicpg.UUCP (Nick Crossley) (10/27/88)

In article <911@taux01.UUCP> cjosta@taux01.UUCP (Jonathan Sweedler) writes:
>I took the sources for dist2 off the net and tried to apply patches
>1 and 2 but I got a good number of "failed hunks."
>Has anyone else had similar problems?
>--
>Jonathan Sweedler  ===  National Semiconductor Israel
>UUCP:    ...!{amdahl,hplabs,decwrl}!nsc!taux01!cjosta
>Domain:  cjosta@taux01.nsc.com

Yes, I did.  The problem was that the diffs in the patches expected to see
the word 'Exp' in the RCS ident string, but the stuff sent out had 'Locked'
instead.  I edited all RCS ident strings to replace 'Locked' by 'Exp', and
reapplied the patches.  That time, they all worked except for the patch to
MANIFEST, which said it was a reversed patch - i.e., the MANIFEST sent out
was the already patched one.

--

<<< standard disclaimers >>>
Nick Crossley, CCI, 9801 Muirlands, Irvine, CA 92718-2521, USA