[comp.sources.d] Looking for Go game sources

borynec@bnr-di.UUCP (James Borynec) (12/13/88)

Hello,
  I am looking for sources (preferably in Lisp or Prolog but anything
  will do) for playing the oriental game of Go.  In particular, I am
  interested in programs in which the computer is an active player,
  rather than in getting an electronic Go board.  I understand that
  relatively speaking, go is much harder for a computer to play
  than is Chess.

  Has anybody done any work in parallel implementations of Go playing
  programs?

Thanks ... James Borynec utgpu!bnr-vpa!bnr-di!borynec
			 BORYNEC@BNR.CA (Bitnet)

andre@targon.UUCP (andre) (12/15/88)

In article <149@bnr-di.UUCP> borynec@bnr-di.UUCP (James Borynec) writes:
>Hello,
>  I am looking for sources (preferably in Lisp or Prolog but anything
>  will do) for playing the oriental game of Go.  In particular, I am
>  interested in programs in which the computer is an active player,
>  rather than in getting an electronic Go board.  I understand that
>  relatively speaking, go is much harder for a computer to play
>  than is Chess.

See summary.

--
~----~ |m    AAA         DDDD  It's not the kill, but the thrill of the chase.