[comp.sources.d] Can't make SC spreadsheet

bill@cosi.UUCP (Bill Michaelson) (03/24/89)

I tried to make the SC spreadsheet pgm recently posted to comp.sources.unix.
The make failed at the command: "yacc -d gram.y" with the message:

 fatal error: out of space, line 400

I'm completely unfamiliar with yacc, and don't know where to start looking
for the problem.  What kind of space is it looking for?  Why is it referring
to line 400 when gram.y has 399 lines (!) ?  Any hints, folks?

BTW, I'm running Microport V/386 3.0e.
--
Bill Michaelson - Reply to: princeton!mccc!cosi!bill
also at... Voice 609-771-6705  CompuServe 72416,1026

jim@anacom1.UUCP (Jim Bacon) (03/26/89)

In article <446@cosi.UUCP> bill@cosi.UUCP (Bill Michaelson) writes:
>I tried to make the SC spreadsheet pgm recently posted to comp.sources.unix.
>The make failed at the command: "yacc -d gram.y" with the message:
>
> fatal error: out of space, line 400

I, too, have encountered the identical problem on a Counterpoint Model
22 running what is essentially a pure SVR3.  Any help would be
appreciated.

--
Jim Bacon                            | "A computer's attention span is only
Anacom General Corp., CA             |  as long as its extension cord."

news@brian386.UUCP (Wm. Brian McCane) (03/28/89)

In article <360@anacom1.UUCP> jim@anacom1.UUCP (Jim Bacon) writes:
>In article <446@cosi.UUCP> bill@cosi.UUCP (Bill Michaelson) writes:
=>I tried to make the SC spreadsheet pgm recently posted to comp.sources.unix.
=>The make failed at the command: "yacc -d gram.y" with the message:
=>
=> fatal error: out of space, line 400
=>

>I, too, have encountered the identical problem on a Counterpoint Model
>22 running what is essentially a pure SVR3.  Any help would be
>appreciated.

I didn't have any problems at all.  I am running on SVR3 also, but I
used BISON instead of YACC.  If you have BISON, you might give it a
try, if not, you might want to get it.

	brian

--
Wm. Brian McCane                    | Life is full of doors that won't open
                                    | when you knock, equally spaced amid
Disclaimer: I don't think they even | those that open when you don't want
            admit I work here.      | them to. - Roger Zelazny "Blood of Amber"

phile@lgnp1.LS.COM (Phil Eschallier) (04/01/89)

In article <360@anacom1.UUCP>, jim@anacom1.UUCP (Jim Bacon) writes:
> In article <446@cosi.UUCP> bill@cosi.UUCP (Bill Michaelson) writes:
> >I tried to make the SC spreadsheet pgm recently posted to comp.sources.unix.
> >The make failed at the command: "yacc -d gram.y" with the message:
> >
> > fatal error: out of space, line 400
> >

> I, too, have encountered the identical problem on a Counterpoint Model
> 22 running what is essentially a pure SVR3.  Any help would be
> appreciated.

	ok ...

	there seems to be a problem w/ yacc.  i would suggest grabbing
	a copy of bison which will allow you sys5 user to get around
	this bug (or memory management problem).

	i personally am a xenix user so i can use the program yaccL which
	is yacc with a larger memory space.  yes, it is a little slower
	but it does work.

	take care.

--
Phil Eschallier                                        | Lagniappe Systems
(Preferred E-mail): { root | phile }@LS.COM            | 1011 New Hope St. #87c