[comp.sources.d] SC spreadsheet and the UNIXPC

rouilj@umb.umb.edu (John P. Rouillard) (04/01/89)

I am trying to get SC to compile for a UNIXPC.  I am using the V.3
option set in the makefile.  I have SIMPLE defined. I have added
-ltermcap to the library list.  I have also changed the following
calls:

	cbreak()     -> crmode();
	nocbreak()   -> nocrmode();
	fixterm()    -> crmode(); nonl(); noecho();
	resetterm()  -> nocrmode(); nl(); echo();

I am compiling with yacc, and cc included with the standard
development set.  I also have bison and gcc available. However, bison
produces an alloca instruction that doesn't exist in my libraries so I
can't use it.

I manage to get it to compile, type sc have the disk spin but no
screen shows up.  If I type ? i get the help screens and I can move
within those.  When I type "q" I am left with the last screen that was
displayed.  When I type "q" from the level that should go to the
spreadsheet rather than the help section, I exit but the top of the
screen has the regular screen set-up with cell a1 highlighted.

Has anybody gotten this to compile.  It is a nice program to have on a
pc that is used by people dong experimental work that takes numerical
analysis.

=== The opinions expressed above are all mine and belong to nobody else. ===
    John Rouillard       U-Mass Boston      rouilj@umb.umb.edu
    Physics Major        Harbor Campus      husc6!umb!rouilj
    Physics Department   Boston, MA 02125   rouilj%umb.edu@RELAY.CS.NET

scs@vax3.iti.org (Steve Simmons) (04/02/89)

Huh?  It worked perfectly out of the box.  I'm using 3.51 and
standard cc.  Check the read me stuff and the makefile --
it's almost certianly your switches.

   Steve Simmons         Just another midwestern boy
   scs@vax3.iti.org  -- or -- ...!sharkey!itivax!scs
         "Hey...you *can* get here from here!"

sbw@naucse.UUCP (Steve Wampler) (04/03/89)

From article <907@itivax.iti.org>, by scs@vax3.iti.org (Steve Simmons):
> Huh?  It worked perfectly out of the box.  I'm using 3.51 and
> standard cc.  Check the read me stuff and the makefile --
> it's almost certianly your switches.

I had no problems under 3.5 with standard cc either.  I no longer
remember the Makefile configuration, but could email the Makefile
for comparison, if it's wanted.
--
	Steve Wampler
	{....!arizona!naucse!sbw}

scs@vax3.iti.org (Steve Simmons) (04/03/89)

In article <907@itivax.iti.org> scs@vax3.UUCP (Steve Simmons) writes:
>Huh?  It worked perfectly out of the box.  I'm using 3.51 and
>standard cc.

Gee a followup to my own posting -- if you're using the GNU C
compiler, you will the need to apply the 'ctl' switches that have
been posted all over here lately.

mml@magnus.UUCP (Mike Levin) (04/08/89)

In article <767@umb.umb.edu> rouilj@umb.UUCP (John P. Rouillard) writes:

>I am trying to get SC to compile for a UNIXPC.  I am using the V.3
>option set in the makefile.  I have SIMPLE defined. I have added
>-ltermcap to the library list.  I have also changed the following

	Gee- you must have a version of a 3B1 OS that nobody else does-
	the V.3 type.  The most advanced versions I've seen are the
	ones that run 'Unix System V release 3.51', which (in spite
	of the deceptive title) really means:

	The "System V at kinda-sorta release level 2, with some stuff missing,
	and a few things added, so we'll call it release 3.51, but it
	hasn't got any relation to V.3" release.

	Bottom line- use the V.2 flags, and it should go together in a
	snap, with no mods required.  Don't let the 3.51 fool you-  it is
	ABSOLUTELY POSITIVELY NOT V.3, and (at times) it isn't even quite
	V.2.

			I made the same mistake, once.  8-(

					Mike Levin

--