[comp.sources.d] patch program and elm patch #2 needed

corby@netxcom.UUCP (Corby Anderson) (04/27/89)

I've collected all the parts of elm, and the patches numbered
0, 1, 3, and 4.  Is there a number 2 patch?  If there is, then could
someone please e-mail me a copy of it?  I could also use a copy of
the patch program, since the patches aren't really doing more than
sitting there waiting for now.  Help me Obi-Wan, you're my only hope.

corby
--
Ooooh! My head hurts!  It's got a little piece of braaaaain stuck in it.  -MP

jeff@cjsa.WA.COM (Jeffery Small) (04/28/89)

In article <1217@netxcom.UUCP>, corby@netxcom.UUCP (Corby Anderson) writes:
> I've collected all the parts of elm, and the patches numbered
> 0, 1, 3, and 4.  Is there a number 2 patch?

I have received the same sequence of patches with #2 missing.  Was there an
error in the numbering or did #2 really not make it here?

If it is available, I would also appreciate receiving a copy.  Thanks.
--
Jeffery Small    (206) 485-5596            uw-beaver!uw-nsr!uw-warp
C. Jeffery Small and Associates                                    !cjsa!jeff

bill@twwells.uucp (T. William Wells) (04/29/89)

In article <1217@netxcom.UUCP> corby@netxcom.UUCP (Corby Anderson) writes:
: I've collected all the parts of elm, and the patches numbered
: 0, 1, 3, and 4.  Is there a number 2 patch?  If there is, then could
: someone please e-mail me a copy of it?  I could also use a copy of
: the patch program, since the patches aren't really doing more than
: sitting there waiting for now.  Help me Obi-Wan, you're my only hope.

I, too, didn't see elm patch 2.

---
Bill                            { uunet | novavax } !twwells!bill

tim@attdso.att.com (Tim J Ihde) (05/01/89)

In article <881@twwells.uucp> bill@twwells.UUCP (T. William Wells) writes:
>In article <1217@netxcom.UUCP> corby@netxcom.UUCP (Corby Anderson) writes:
>: I've collected all the parts of elm, and the patches numbered
>: 0, 1, 3, and 4.  Is there a number 2 patch?  If there is, then could
>: someone please e-mail me a copy of it?  I could also use a copy of
>: the patch program, since the patches aren't really doing more than
>: sitting there waiting for now.  Help me Obi-Wan, you're my only hope.
>
>I, too, didn't see elm patch 2.

The patch program is avaliable via your local archive server.  See the
comp.archives postings for how to find them, if you don't know how.  (A good
program, you'll need it eventually even if not for elm.)

As for elm patches, there is, in fact, someone who will mail them to you.
His name is "archive-server@dsinc.UUCP", and all you have to do is send him
a polite message of the form:

	send elm2.2.p2 elm

and soon the patch will arrive in your mailbox.  Get your orders in now, it
looks like patch #2 didn't get very far so the server might be a bit busy . . .

Official instructions for using the elm archive server are included in each
and every patch Syd sends out, somewhere in the pre-patch text.

	tim
--
Tim J Ihde				INTERNET:   tim@attdso.att.com
(201) 898-6687				UUCP:	    att!attdso!tim