[comp.sources.d] What is the interest level in more lp-posters?

mike@cs.keele.ac.uk (Michael A. Green) (04/20/89)

From article <3853@tekred.CNA.TEK.COM>, by billr@tekred.CNA.TEK.COM (Bill Randle):
> collection of line printer posters/pictures.  I have obtain another large
> collection of posters and would be interested in peoples' comments pro or
>
> 	-Bill Randle

Any and all extra posters would be appreciated, they have become scarce
in recent years.

Please post as many as possible,

--
|Michael A. Green.              |JANET:   mike@uk.ac.keele.cs               |
|Department of Computer Science |BITNET:  mike%cs.kl.ac.uk@ukacrl           |

mal4477@ultb.UUCP (M.A. Lefebvre) (04/21/89)

	I'm in favor of MORE lp-posters. I love the one's I have and I wouldn't
mind having more. Please POST!!!

root@eltek.jakgym.se (Sys-Admin) (04/21/89)

Hi there,
sorry for using the sysops account, but since I am the sysop I thought
I could reply to this article anyway. About your question - I'm willing
to accept a batch of posters/pictures. I could also be willing to admini-
strate requests from other users here in Sweden unless our own backbone
at The Royal Institute of Technology will do that for Sweden.

                                         yours, Olof Backing
                                                (obg@jakgym.se)

luc@spcc386.UUCP (Luc Rooijakkers) (04/21/89)

In article <586@kl-cs.UUCP> mike@cs.keele.ac.uk (Michael A. Green) writes:
>From article <3853@tekred.CNA.TEK.COM>, by billr@tekred.CNA.TEK.COM (Bill Randle):
>> collection of line printer posters/pictures.  I have obtain another large
>> collection of posters and would be interested in peoples' comments pro or
>>
>> 	-Bill Randle
>
>Any and all extra posters would be appreciated, they have become scarce
>in recent years.

Couldn't agree more. Please Post ! (or mail me if you dont...)

--
Luc Rooijakkers       luc@spcc386.UUCP  -or-  uunet!mcvax!hp4nl!spcc386!luc

ray@vantage.UUCP (Ray Liere) (04/28/89)

>                                               I have obtain another large
> collection of posters and would be interested in peoples' comments pro or
> con for posting them.  The entire collection would take approx. 50 parts,
> so I'd probably be selective about what was posted.

I am a relatively new subscriber to the comp.sources.unix and comp.sources.misc
newsgroups, so am not sure what an "lp poster" is, although I think I know (if
the name is descriptive!).

My concern would be the size of each of the 50+/- parts, as we are fed via
dial up long distance lines ... at 1200 baud.

Ray Liere
Vantage Consulting and Research Corporation
voice: (503)657-7294
uucp: hplabs!hpfcla!hpubvwa!vantage!ray

gorpong@telxon.UUCP (Gordon C. Galligher) (05/12/89)

In article <3853@tekred.CNA.TEK.COM> billr@tekred.CNA.TEK.COM (Bill Randle) writes:
>There appeared to be quite a bit of interest in the fairly recently posted
>collection of line printer posters/pictures.  I have obtain another large
>collection of posters and would be interested in peoples' comments pro or
>con for posting them.  The entire collection would take approx. 50 parts,
>so I'd probably be selective about what was posted.

Instead of burning up the nets, I would suggest posting a listing of what you
have, and then let people send you mail requesting what they want.  I do
understand that your time is most-likely limited (as is most people's) and
that may be an extra burden on you; but if the people really want the posters
then they can afford to wait a bit.  This will save countless $$$ for many
news sites that get this group :-)!!

		-- Gordon.

--
Gordon C. Galligher  <|> ...!uunet!telxon!gorpong <|> gorpong@teleng.uucp.uu.net
Telxon Corporation   <|> "Captain, I hardly believe that insults are within your