[comp.sources.d] Has anyone compiled, and run nn on a '286?

cab@cbnewsh.ATT.COM (CAB) (07/04/89)

Specifically  Microport System V/AT 2.4.
More importantly, has anyone gotten it to execute properly.
--
          -CAB-
   _____/ _ || _\___

storm@texas.dk (Kim F. Storm) (07/04/89)

cab@cbnewsh.ATT.COM (CAB) writes:

>Specifically  Microport System V/AT 2.4.
>More importantly, has anyone gotten it to execute properly.

If somebody has, please tell me.

I know there are some portability problems (int - pointer - long) which
I am currently investigating.  I hope to have them fixed for the next
patch (no scheduled date for its release).

--
Kim F. Storm        storm@texas.dk        Tel +45 429 174 00
Texas Instruments, Marielundvej 46E, DK-2730 Herlev, Denmark

trevor@trevan.UUCP (trevor) (07/07/89)

With alot of help from the net yes.

1) tgetstr.o in libcurses is broke in 2.4 so I got an old version ie 1.3
   and replaced tgetstr.o.

2) Use the m286 malloc posted recently to comp.sources.misc

3) Patch the sources to level 3 and then use the patches produced
   by Wietse Z. Venema and posted to this news group.

4) Simplified the definitions of MF and CF in data.h to stop the
   c compiler generating bad code. ie

	#define MF(n)	(1L<<(n-1))

5) Took out the !! in the init file which stops you looking at most groups.

And it works!

But it uses alot of memory!

But it saves you alot of time reading the news!