[comp.sources.d] How do you create these source files?

haugen@bulus3.BMA.COM (John M. Haugen) (08/25/89)

How do you build a file as I see all the time with the"---cut here---"line and
has a shell script for building a bunch if source files from itself?  I assume
this is a shell script that does it but don't know what it is called.

Any help out there??

John M. Haugen             Domain:  haugen@BMA.COM
Bull Micral of America     UUCP:    ...!uunet!bulus3!haugen
1970 Oakcrest Ave. #300    ATT:  612-633-5660
St. Paul, MN  55113-2624

root@cca.ucsf.edu (Systems Staff) (08/26/89)

In article <213@bulus3.BMA.COM>, haugen@bulus3.BMA.COM (John M. Haugen) writes:

> How do you build a file as I see all the time with the"---cut here---"line and
> has a shell script for building a bunch if source files from itself?  I assume
> this is a shell script that does it but don't know what it is called.

There are several such programs/scripts. Probably the most widely
used version is "cshar" which is in volume 15 of the comp.sources.unix
archives.

Archive sites are listed in the informational postings which appear
with each volume. The site uunet.uu.net is the best known.

 Thos Sumner       Internet: thos@cca.ucsf.edu
 (The I.G.)        UUCP: ...ucbvax!ucsfcgl!cca.ucsf!thos
                   BITNET:  thos@ucsfcca

 U.S. Mail:  Thos Sumner, Computer Center, Rm U-76, UCSF
             San Francisco, CA 94143-0704 USA

I hear nothing in life is certain but death and taxes -- and they're
working on death.

#include <disclaimer.std>