[comp.sources.d] comp.sources.unix?

jv@mhres.mh.nl (Johan Vromans) (08/30/88)

I haven't seen postings in comp.sources.unix for months.
Something wrong?

--
	Johan

tpk@pbhya.PacBell.COM (Tim Kirkpatrick) (08/31/88)

I sent mail to Rich $alz yesterday and got a reply soon after:

"I'm here and busy. Stuff will start flowing tonite/tomorrow"
This was 8/30/88. We should start seeing some stuff momentarily ;-).

Tim Kirkpatrick

pomeranz@cs.swarthmore.edu (Hal Pomeranz) (09/01/88)

In article <2299@mhres.mh.nl> jv@mhres.mh.nl (Johan Vromans) writes:
> I haven't seen postings in comp.sources.unix for months.
> Something wrong?

Last I heard, the moderator had gone on vacation, but had come back.  We
were promised that comp.sources.unix would resume shortly, but no word
after that.  It could be a moderator shakeup-- it seems too long a time
to be just culling the sourcecode.

Hal Pomeranz

|UUCP: {bpa,cbmvax,liberty}!swatsun!pomeranz     | Living on a lighted stage
|CS Net: pomeranz@cs.swarthmore.edu              |    approaches the unreal...
|BitNet: vu-vlsi!swatsun!pomeranz@psuvax1.bitnet |                  -Rush

gandalf@csli.STANFORD.EDU (Juergen Wagner) (09/04/88)

Is Rich Salz still somewhere out there?

--
Juergen "Gandalf" Wagner,		   gandalf@csli.stanford.edu
Center for the Study of Language and Information (CSLI), Stanford CA

root@mjbtn.MFEE.TN.US (Mark J. Bailey) (08/13/89)

Hello Netlanders,

We have not seen anything is comp.sources.unix is quite some time.  At
first, I thought it was quiet as has been the case in the past, but it
seems to me to now have lasted a couple of months or more.  The last
thing I think we got was CNEWS and maybe a little bit after.  My concern
here is that I have not seen anyone else mention its silence, so I
became worried that I was not getting it from upstream somewhere.

Can anyone please confirm whether it must be just me or has the
group been quiet for some time.  If I am missing out on it, I will
have to start tracking down the breakdown.  If it has just been quiet,
no biggie.

Thanks in advance,

Mark.

--
Mark J. Bailey                                    "Ya'll com bak naw, ya hear!"
USMAIL: 511 Memorial Blvd., Murfreesboro, TN 37129 ___________________________

cgf@ednor.uucp (Chris Faylor) (08/13/89)

In article <501@mjbtn.MFEE.TN.US> root@mjbtn.MFEE.TN.US (Mark J. Bailey) writes:
>We have not seen anything is comp.sources.unix is quite some time.
>
>Can anyone please confirm whether it must be just me or has the
>group been quiet for some time.  If I am missing out on it, I will
>have to start tracking down the breakdown.  If it has just been quiet,
>no biggie.

It is not just you. This kind of activity is very typical of comp.sources.unix.
I would not be very surprised if the number of submissions to this newsgroup
haven't fallen off drastically since its inception.  It must be discouraging
to submit something and not see it distributed for several months.

I have been patiently waiting for the newest version of Pcomm which supposedly
has been in the queue since February.
--
			 Chris Faylor
			uunet!ednor!cgf

lhf@aries5.uucp (Luiz H. deFigueiredo) (08/13/89)

In article <501@mjbtn.MFEE.TN.US> root@mjbtn.MFEE.TN.US (Mark J. Bailey) writes:

>We have not seen anything is comp.sources.unix is quite some time.  At

I haven't seen anything either.
I've been told by the people who announced the posting of elk(an extension
language) that is "was in the queue".
Any news, anyone?

Luiz Henrique de Figueiredo		internet: lhf@aries5.waterloo.edu
Computer Systems Group			bitnet:   lhf@watcsg
University of Waterloo
			(possible domains are waterloo.edu and uwaterloo.ca)

olapw@olgb1.oliv.co.uk (Tony Walton) (08/15/89)

Well, it's been very quiet here as well.  Is anybody else in Europe getting
postings in comp.sources.unix?
--
Tony Walton, AT&T Division, British Olivetti Ltd., Wellington House,
154-160 Upper Richmond Road, London, England SW15 2FN

glenn@extro.ucc.su.oz (G. Geers [ext 3241]) (08/19/89)

Comp.sources.unix has been very quiet in Australia as well !
				Glenn

darrylo@hpnmdla.HP.COM (Darryl Okahata) (09/06/89)

     Although this has already been asked, I missed the answer: whatever
happened to comp.sources.unix?  We haven't seen a posting for quite
a while.

     -- Darryl Okahata
	darrylo%hpnmd@hpcea.HP.COM

comp.sources.unix and comp.binaries.ibm.pc have been replaced by
discussion groups of what software we would have if we had software. I
suggest the use of alt.sources or comp.sources.misc, both of which are
active and useful.

that the world is flat!" - anon