[comp.sources.d] packdisk on Xenix

rick@pcrat.uucp (Rick Richardson) (10/21/89)

In article <1191@ispi.UUCP> jbayer@ispi.UUCP (Jonathan Bayer) writes:

>I just ran Karl Denninger's port of packdisk on my xenix system.
>Karl did a very good job in the port.
>My complements to Rick Richardson for an excellent program.

Lets get the credits for "packdisk" correct:

	Andrew Fyfe	-	Wrote the Original Program
					GETS THE KUDOS!
	George Sipe	-	Fixed it for pre-ANSI C compilers
					-DOLDC
	Rick Richardson	-	Did port for 286en and changed an
				algorithm that was quadratic.
					-DSMALL, -DSHORTFREE, RERSPEEDUP
	Karl Denninger	-	Did port for Xenix
					-DM_XENIX

BTW, there is also a "branch" of packdisk, after my changes, but
before Karl's that was done by Karl Lehenbauer (-DI386).  These
changes are for UNIX V/386 Rel 3.2.  I'm going to be merging
Karl L.'s changes back into Karl D.'s latest version.  Since I
have both a 286 and a 386 running UNIX V,  I'll be able to
regression test.

Then, the whole package is going back to Andrew Fyfe, so he can
repost it to comp.sources.misc.  And get proper kudos!!!!!!

--
Rick Richardson |       Looking for FAX software for UNIX/386 ??????     mention
PC Research,Inc.|                  WE'RE SHIPPING			 your