[comp.sources.d] reactive keyboard

lipton@odin.m2c.org (Gary Lipton) (10/22/89)

Has anyone had any luck with the reactive keyboard under ULTRIX 3.0.

I keep getting a bus error when I invoke it.

Gary Lipton - Massachusetts Microelectronics Center    ##   ## 2 #####
lipton@m2c.org (CSNET) ****************************    ### ###  ##
lipton%m2c.org@relay.cs.net (Internet) ************    ## # ##  ##
{harvard,bu-cs,frog,ulowell}!m2c!lipton (UUCP) ****    ##   ##   #####

waldorf@venice.SEDD.TRW.COM (jerry waldorf) (10/24/89)

In article <5069@m2c.M2C.ORG> lipton@odin.m2c.org (Gary Lipton) writes:
>Has anyone had any luck with the reactive keyboard under ULTRIX 3.0.
>
>I keep getting a bus error when I invoke it.

	I had the same problem.  I looked at the code and did some debuggin
and found that the malloc calls eat up the program space I belive?
I think what needs to be done is add extra space to the process so that this
doesn't happen.  If anyone has any luck at this please let me know.

kinzler@iuvax.cs.indiana.edu (Stephen Kinzler) (10/24/89)

Written by waldorf@venice.SEDD.TRW.COM in news:comp.sources.d
---------- "Re: reactive keyboard" ----------
> In article <5069@m2c.M2C.ORG> lipton@odin.m2c.org (Gary Lipton) writes:
> >Has anyone had any luck with the reactive keyboard under ULTRIX 3.0.
> >I keep getting a bus error when I invoke it.

You can get rk compiled under Ultrix by using the fast malloc package
instead of the default one.  Add -lmalloc to the compile line in the
Makefile and include malloc.h instead of alloca.h at the top of
dt_complete.c.

|  ., >{~)  ['} /           Stephen Kinzler           \ + < : ~$[~{}== |
| % > %()}@! ' /     kinzler@iuvax.cs.indiana.edu      \ '}~{ >' & )<} |
| <@"??{.,'}  /    {ames,rutgers,att}!iuvax!kinzler     \ &"(&@+}<+;@) |
|  ])"}  +{) /   Indiana Univ Dept of Computer Science   \  @ }[^??^&. |

john@data.UUCP (John Mantey) (10/26/89)

I've downloaded rk and am having some trouble.  I noticed the Ultrix
fix for someone who has gotten the thing running, but even trying that
on my system didn't help.
I'm trying to compile this on a SUN 3/50 using gcc (cc dumped core
while trying to compile the very first file).  My system doesn't have
alloca.h but does include alloca in the standard malloc library.  So
having changed the one file to use malloc.h instead of alloca.h I
finally got all the objects built.  However when I link the files
together the linker gives a libc.a bad magic number error.

Can anyone tell me what's going on???  Please email and I'll
summarize.

Thanks in advance ,  johnm.
--
John Mantey    john@data.UUCP            Microcosm, Inc.