[comp.sources.d] perl 3.0 patchlevel 1 op.magic test fails

jhpb@lancia.ATT.COM (Joseph H. Buehler) (11/09/89)

perl 3.0 patchlevel 1 on a 3B2/600 running SVR3.2

No hacks of my own, except for commenting out the 3 #defines having to
do with those non-existent password fields.

The op.magic test fails on test 3 for some reason.  This test looks to
me like it's testing signal-catching functionality for SIGINT.

Anyone fix this yet?
--
Joe Buehler

weiss@cbnewsd.ATT.COM (edward.j.weiss) (11/10/89)

In article <JHPB.89Nov9074935@lancia.ATT.COM> jhpb@lancia.ATT.COM (Joseph H. Buehler) writes:
> perl 3.0 patchlevel 1 on a 3B2/600 running SVR3.2
>
> No hacks of my own, except for commenting out the 3 #defines having to
> do with those non-existent password fields.
>
> The op.magic test fails on test 3 for some reason.  This test looks to
> me like it's testing signal-catching functionality for SIGINT.
>
> Anyone fix this yet?

The problem is in the way configure determines signal names. It creates
a shell var called sig_name.  You need to correct it.

In config.sh it should be comething like:

sig_name='ZERO HUP INT QUIT ILL TRAP IOT EMT FPE KILL BUS SEGV SYS PIPE ALRM TERM USR1 USR2 CHLD PWR'

In config.h it should be comething like:

#define SIG_NAME "ZERO","HUP","INT","QUIT","ILL","TRAP","IOT","EMT","FPE","KILL","BUS","SEGV","SYS","PIPE","ALRM","TERM","USR1","USR2","CHLD","PWR"

I have sent in the problem to Larry.
--

Ed Weiss	   "I thought it was generally accepted, sir, that
att!ihlpf!spock     Vulcans are an advanced and most honorable race."

carlson@scooter.PLSN.CA.US (Joe Carlson) (11/10/89)

In article <JHPB.89Nov9074935@lancia.ATT.COM> jhpb@lancia.ATT.COM (Joseph H. Buehler) writes:
>perl 3.0 patchlevel 1 on a 3B2/600 running SVR3.2
>
>The op.magic test fails on test 3 for some reason.  This test looks to
>me like it's testing signal-catching functionality for SIGINT.
>Joe Buehler

	This test tries to open a >14 char filename which is a real
no-no on S5R3.  I just truncated the string to 14 chars and everything was
fine.
joe