[comp.sources.d] Want perl 3.0 patches 2,3,4

davem@hpmwtd.HP.COM (Dave McQuate) (11/21/89)

Due to vacation, I missed perl 3.0 patches 2, 3, and 4.  Could some kind soul
email them to me, please?

Thanks,
Dave McQuate

Voice: 		(707) 577-4585
ARPANET:	davem%hpmwtd@hplabs.HP.COM
INTERNET:	davem%hpmwtd@hplabs.hp.com
UUCP:		...hplabs!hpmwtd!davem

jos@idca.tds.PHILIPS.nl (Jos Vos) (11/22/89)

In article <940003@hpmwdjm.HP.COM> davem@hpmwtd.HP.COM (Dave McQuate) writes:

>Due to vacation, I missed perl 3.0 patches 2, 3, and 4.  Could some kind soul
>email them to me, please?

Are you sure that was due to your vacation? A lot of people didn't see them.

--
-- ######   Jos Vos   ######   Internet   jos@idca.tds.philips.nl   ######
-- ######             ######   UUCP         ...!mcvax!philapd!jos   ######

davem@hpmwtd.HP.COM (Dave McQuate) (11/22/89)

----Ah---- Excuse me, in each perl patch are instructions for obtaining others.

rsalz@bbn.com (Rich Salz) (11/22/89)

In <1679@ssp15.idca.tds.philips.nl> jos@idca.tds.PHILIPS.nl (Jos Vos) writes:
  Are you sure that was due to your vacation? A lot of people didn't see them.

Most likely, then, those people don't read comp.sources.bugs, which is where
Perl patches are distributed.  I don't think there was widespread message
lossage, and I know the patches appeared on uunet -- they're still in the
spool directory as I write this.

The first patch appeared with the perl3.0 distribution in comp.sources.unix,
and it had detailed explanation that this was the only patch to appear
here.  It also pointed out that this patch, LIKE ALL OF LARRY'S PATCHES,
tell you how to get any ones you might be missing.
	/r$
--
Please send comp.sources.unix-related mail to rsalz@uunet.uu.net.
Use a domain-based address or give alternate paths, or you may lose out.

chris@ccsrd3.UUCP (Chris Andersen ("The Dangerous Guy")) (11/24/89)

}
}Most likely, then, those people don't read comp.sources.bugs, which is where
}Perl patches are distributed.  I don't think there was widespread message
}lossage, and I know the patches appeared on uunet -- they're still in the
}spool directory as I write this.
}
}The first patch appeared with the perl3.0 distribution in comp.sources.unix,
}and it had detailed explanation that this was the only patch to appear
}here.  It also pointed out that this patch, LIKE ALL OF LARRY'S PATCHES,
}tell you how to get any ones you might be missing.

Okay, I've gotten them now.  Apparently what happened is that patch 2-4 came
in on the same day our news system barfed and I had to reset it, thus wiping
out the spool directory (speaking of which, has anyone ever written a utility
to rebuild the active file from the files in the spool directory?).

What confused me was that patches 2-4 are actually just one complete patch
(i.e. you can't do one without the other two).  I always thought patch #'s
were assigned to the WHOLE patch, not to the individual parts of it.  So when
I saw patch 5 come along when only a few weeks before i'd seen patch 1, well,
I got mighty confused.

Sorry.  My mistake.  You can stop sending me the patches now.
--
Chris Andersen (..!{sun,tektronix}!sequent!ccssrv!chris)
Home: (503) 620-4176	Work: (503) 641-8128