[comp.sources.d] [comp.sources.misc] v10i048: readstats... simple process-statistics program

loverso@Xylogics.COM (John Robert LoVerso) (02/07/90)

In article <77901@uunet.UU.NET> gwollman@JHMAIL.HCF.JHU.EDU (GAWollman) writes:
> Posting-number: Volume 10, Issue 48
> Submitted-by: gwollman@JHMAIL.HCF.JHU.EDU (GAWollman)
> Archive-name: readstats.c

This is an 19-line C program and a 29-line Makefile that does nothing more
than compute an average.  It could be replaced by a 3-line awk script.
Nothing spectacular at all - heck, it wasn't even pedestrian!

Was it really necessary to post this in comp.sources.misc?  Shouldn't the
moderator cut out "noise" sources like this?

John
--
John Robert LoVerso			Xylogics, Inc.  617/272-8140x284
loverso@Xylogics.COM			Annex Terminal Server Development Group

icsu6000@caesar (Jaye Mathisen) (02/07/90)

In article <8475@xenna.Xylogics.COM> loverso@Xylogics.COM (John Robert LoVerso) writes:
|In article <77901@uunet.UU.NET> gwollman@JHMAIL.HCF.JHU.EDU (GAWollman) writes:
|> Posting-number: Volume 10, Issue 48
|> Submitted-by: gwollman@JHMAIL.HCF.JHU.EDU (GAWollman)
|> Archive-name: readstats.c
|
|This is an 19-line C program and a 29-line Makefile that does nothing more
	[stuff deleted]

|Was it really necessary to post this in comp.sources.misc?  Shouldn't the
|moderator cut out "noise" sources like this?

	As I recall, somewhere in the "charter" for comp.sources.misc,
it mentions something about being a place to post prompt generators, and
other little tidbits, that don't seem to belong anywhere else.

	Given the size  of the posting, it probably really doesn't matter,
anything that's small you can just 'n' over, and if it's big, you might
want it anyway.

	I say go ahead...  what the heck. :-)
| Jaye Mathisen,systems manager       Internet: icsu6000@caesar.cs.montana.edu|
| 410 Roberts Hall                      BITNET: icsu6000@mtsunix1.bitnet      |
| Dept. of Computer Science	                                              |