[comp.sources.d] v22i001: RFC 931 TCP Authentication server, Part01/02

sean@ms.uky.edu (Sean Casey) (05/01/90)

Geez is it necessary to have a compiled in 2K static table in every
C file describing the terms of distribution????

First we get the GNU people tacking a 3K copyright notice on a 400 byte
program, and now we not only get the same thing on each C file, but
it takes up memory/swap-space to boot!

How about a notice in each file saying "For conditions of redistribution,
see the COPYING file."

This is getting ridiculous.
--
***  Sean Casey          sean@ms.uky.edu, sean@ukma.bitnet, ukma!sean

brnstnd@stealth.acf.nyu.edu (05/06/90)

In article <15122@s.ms.uky.edu> sean@ms.uky.edu (Sean Casey) writes:
> Geez is it necessary to have a compiled in 2K static table in every
> C file describing the terms of distribution????

You're quite right. In my forthcoming pty program, the 1K copyright and
0.7K warranty disclaimer have been replaced by very short notices. The
1K online help screen, 0.5K of other useful miscellany, and relatively
large amount of code are still there. (Are you miffed at the swap space
taken up by the help screen?)

---Dan