[comp.sources.d] What's wrong with this picture?

news@brian386.uucp (News Administrator) (05/23/90)

In article <XGI3L.1@xds13.ferranti.com> peter@ficc.ferranti.com (Peter da Silva) writes:
>Think of what an automatic archiver will do with the following...
>
>> Subject: v07i042: VGA X11 Server, Part00/08
>>
>> Archive-name: vga
>
>> Subject: v07i043: VGA X11 Server, Part01/08
>>
>> Archive-name: vga/part01
>
>Here we have a conflict: if you archive the first part first (part00),
>the rest will fail because you can't mkdir() on top of a file.
>
>Oops.

Yeah, big oops ;-).  Another problem I had here, and which probably was
mentioned before I saw this thread.  My diffs all unshared with the
WRONG SIZE!!!  It caused the diffs to be a real pain in the neck to
apply.  Did someone between here and there modify the files somehow??

	brian

pim@cti-software.nl (Pim Zandbergen) (05/26/90)

news@brian386.uucp (News Administrator) writes:

>Yeah, big oops ;-).  Another problem I had here, and which probably was
>mentioned before I saw this thread.  My diffs all unshared with the
>WRONG SIZE!!!  It caused the diffs to be a real pain in the neck to
>apply.  Did someone between here and there modify the files somehow??

There has been some serious munging with tabs and spaces.

Use 'patch -l' to prevent patch rejects.
--
Pim Zandbergen                             domain : pim@cti-software.nl
CTI Software BV                            uucp   : uunet!mcsun!hp4nl!ctisbv!pim