[comp.sources.d] dmake version 3.6 patch 1

dvadura@watdragon.waterloo.edu (Dennis Vadura) (10/31/90)

I have just sent the patch files for dmake version 3.6 patch 1 to the
moderator of comp.sources.misc.  Expect to see it there whenever.  If you
cannot wait that long the patch and the patched sources are available via
anonymous ftp from watmsg.  The header for the patch follows, filenames and
addresses may be found there.

-dennis

DMAKE Version 3.6, patch #1
---------------------------

Severity: Medium

Nature:   Minor teething problems with UNIX, and major problems with MSC
	  6.0, and TCC 2.0 swapping versions fixed.

Format:   Shar containing new versions of affected files.  With appropriate
          patches.  (run the patch file through sh in the source distribution
          directory and it will do the rest)

          Also available as pub/src/dmake-3.6-patch1 on watmsg.uwaterloo.edu
          (129.97.129.9)

          Archived source on watmsg incorporates this patch.

Prerequisites: dmake version 3.6, patchlevel 1 source distribution

Description of Fixes:
---------------------
1. Compilation problems with Microsoft compilers, and swapping versions of
   dmake.  To the best of my knowledge versions 4.0, 5.0, 5.1 and 6.0 of MSC
   now fully compile and generate running binaries both for swapping and non
   swapping versions of dmake.

2. Other fixes include a hack to allow parsing of makefiles shipped over from
   DOS that contain cr-lf combinations.  This doesn't seem to impact processing
   of normal UNIX makefiles at all.

3. Changed DOS versions of tempnam.c to use _psp to generate temporary file
   names instead of the current time as supplied by time().  The reason for
   this is too bizzare to go into here.

4. Xenix is now a supported make target, as is Atari-ST TOS using GCC.

5. A number of small tweaks here and there, not serious but might make
   compiles on a number of systems cleaner.

6. Clarification of the documentation in several spots.

7. Patch to dmake.tf to remove ^G control characters.  NOTE:  This patch
   may fail if you never received the ^G characters in the first place.  If
   so then please apply the patch by hand.

8. inferred targets that infer recipes from rules having a .SETDIR attribute
   now have the .SETDIR applied prior to making the prerequisites and the
   target.

Many thanks to all those that helped find and identify and in some cases
provided fixes and/or new code for the above enhancements.

-dennis

"This is almost worth the HIGH blood pressure!" he  |Dennis Vadura
thought as yet another mosquito exploded.-R.Patching|dvadura@dragon.uwaterloo.ca

dvadura@watdragon.waterloo.edu (Dennis Vadura) (11/01/90)

In article <1990Oct30.221746.353@watdragon.waterloo.edu> dvadura@watdragon.waterloo.edu (Dennis Vadura) writes:

>I have just sent the patch files for dmake version 3.6 patch 1 to the
>moderator of comp.sources.misc.  Expect to see it there whenever.  If you
>cannot wait that long the patch and the patched sources are available via
>anonymous ftp from watmsg.

I have received several requests to post the patch to alt.sources.
Unfortunately the UW Administration, in their infinite wisdom, has seen fit
to delete the alt.* hierarchy from UW's machines.  I have therefore decided
to post the patch files to comp.sources.bugs as well.  I would prefer to not
do this but I expect the moderator of comp.sources.misc is busy and the
MSDOS portion of this patch is quite important.