[comp.sources.d] osu-cis' TB comes back from the dead

karl_kleinpaste@cis.ohio-state.edu (11/08/90)

Mutant zombie biker modems from hell:

| [64] [9:57am] saqqara:/n/giza/0/karl> stty everything > /dev/ttyi15
| old tty, speed 19200 baud, 0 rows, 0 columns
| raw nl -echo -lcase -tandem tabs -cbreak
| erase  kill   intr   quit   stop   eof
| ^?     ^U     ^C     ^\     ^S/^Q  ^D

It's back...but I don't know why.  I hadn't touched it in a couple of
days.  Yesterday at 10:50, a Uanon user logged into it for the first
time since late October.  The sucker had been dead dead dead and now
it's fine fine fine.

amused but confused,
--karl

kjj@varese.UUCP (Kevin Johnson) (11/09/90)

In article <KARL.90Nov8100103@giza.cis.ohio-state.edu> karl_kleinpaste@cis.ohio-state.edu writes:
>Mutant zombie biker modems from hell:
>
>It's back...but I don't know why.  I hadn't touched it in a couple of
>days.  Yesterday at 10:50, a Uanon user logged into it for the first
>time since late October.  The sucker had been dead dead dead and now
>it's fine fine fine.
>
>amused but confused,

reverse bit-rot! :-)

#include <standard_disclaimer>
.-----------------------------------------------------------------------------.
| Kevin Johnson                                      ...!mcdphx!QIS1!kjj      |
| QIS System Administrator  Motorola MCD             kjj@phx.mcd.mot.com      |

fitz@wang.com (Tom Fitzgerald) (11/13/90)

karl_kleinpaste@cis.ohio-state.edu writes:
> It's back...but I don't know why.  I hadn't touched it in a couple of
> days.  Yesterday at 10:50, a Uanon user logged into it for the first
> time since late October.  The sucker had been dead dead dead and now
> it's fine fine fine.

Probably just exhaustion.  How much stuff has that thing moved?  Let's not
begrudge it a few weeks vacation.

On the other hand, I'm glad I don't have to pull in the next 'ghostscript'
at 2400 baud....

---
Tom Fitzgerald   Wang Labs        fitz@wang.com
1-508-967-5278   Lowell MA, USA   ...!uunet!wang!fitz