[comp.sources.d] What is status of Cornell FLEX?

heintze@fmcsse.enet.dec.com (Siegfried Heintze) (11/27/90)

This was posted a while ago. Is FLEX out of beta testing yet? Is 2.2 still the
latest?   I am looking forward to using it on MSDOS with TURBOC.   I fought
some bloody battles on VMS with an older FLEX and lost.  (I was trying to
compile a Pascal to C translator which had some NULs  and my FLEX just would
not deal with it.  Apparently 2.2 deals with NULs.

                          Sieg

***********************************

vern@lau.ee.lbl.gov (Vern Paxson) (11/27/90)

In article <17606@shlump.nac.dec.com> heintze@fmcsse.enet.dec.com (Siegfried Heintze) writes:

>This was posted a while ago. Is FLEX out of beta testing yet? Is 2.2 still the
>latest?

Flex has been in release 2.3 since June 1990 (available on comp.sources.unix
since early October).  It includes VMS support and can deal with NUL's.  It's
no longer distributed via svax.cs.cornell.edu.  Instead, you can get it via
anonymous ftp to ftp.ee.lbl.gov (128.3.254.68; retrieve flex-2.3.tar.Z, using
binary mode, and any flex-2.3.patch-X files you see, using ascii mode).

If you don't have anonymous ftp or comp.sources.unix access, let me know
and I'll mail you the uuencoded tar file.

		Vern

	Vern Paxson				vern@helios.ee.lbl.gov
	Real Time Systems			ucbvax!helios.ee.lbl.gov!vern
	Lawrence Berkeley Laboratory		(415) 486-7504