[comp.sources.d] v23i068: TRN, version of RN that follows conversation threads, Part09/14

johnl@iecc.cambridge.ma.us (John R. Levine) (12/04/90)

The copy of trn part 9 that arrived here appears to be corrupted.  The last
thing in it is ndir.h, followed by a chmod on the file ndir.NOPSIS, which
doesn't exist.  Part 10 starts with the continuation of ng.c, which doesn't
start anywhere.  Is this a local problem, or was there a problem posting it?

(Please don't take this as an attack on the moderator, if you've never
moderated a news group you can't imagine how much time it sucks up.)

--
John R. Levine, IECC, POB 349, Cambridge MA 02238, +1 617 864 9650
johnl@iecc.cambridge.ma.us, {ima|spdcc|world}!iecc!johnl

jimb@silvlis.com (Jim Budler) (12/06/90)

In article <1990Dec04.044045.24966@iecc.cambridge.ma.us> johnl@iecc.cambridge.ma.us (John R. Levine) writes:
>The copy of trn part 9 that arrived here appears to be corrupted.  The last

It's also a problem here on the west coast. Identical.

I think a repost is required.

jim

--
     __           __
     /  o         /      Jim Budler      jimb@silvlis.com      |  Proud

sys0001@dircon.uucp (TDC administration account) (12/07/90)

In article <1990Dec04.044045.24966@iecc.cambridge.ma.us> johnl@iecc.cambridge.ma.us (John R. Levine) writes:
>The copy of trn part 9 that arrived here appears to be corrupted.  The last
>thing in it is ndir.h, followed by a chmod on the file ndir.NOPSIS, which
>doesn't exist.  Part 10 starts with the continuation of ng.c, which doesn't
>start anywhere.  Is this a local problem, or was there a problem posting it?

TRN part 9 arrived truncated as well, here in the UK.

cam@void.UUCP (Cam Fox) (12/08/90)

-rwxr-x--x   2 news     uucp      154912 Sep 13 01:36 /usr/local/bin/trn
                                         ^^^^^^
I have had TRN for the last several months and it has made wading
through the incredible volume of news practical. I look at TRN as
one of the most useful news reading programs that I have ever had
the privilige of using. I got this source from an ftp site back in
September after it was announced that it had been in the c.s.u que
for a while.

Even if there is some incredible volume of source, priority sould be
given to sources that can benefit the net community as a whole.

I just wanted to pitch this into the fray. I consider delaying the
distribution of this source as a large DIS-service to the net.

Opinions ????
Cam

Cam Fox  cam@void.lonestar.org || {texsun,dalsqnt,smu,letni}!void!cam
Multiuser Business Computer Solutions | 18175 Midway #253 | Dallas, Tx 75287