[comp.sources.d] Problem with ABC on Sun 4

cmj851@csc.anu.edu.au (Richard Walker) (12/23/90)

I tried to compile ABC on a Sun 4, but it stops when it gets to
bint2/i2cmd.c, with the error `compound redeclared'.  It turns
out that `compound' is a maths library function (for compound
interest, I presume).  Where do I go from here?
(Surprisingly, `compound' is on the Sun 4, but not on the Sun 3).

--
Richard Walker                            (walrmath@fac3.anu.oz.au)

schulte@thp.uni-koeln.de (Martin Schulte) (12/27/90)

cmj851@csc.anu.edu.au (Richard Walker) writes:
>I tried to compile ABC on a Sun 4, but it stops when it gets to
>bint2/i2cmd.c, with the error `compound redeclared'.  It turns
>out that `compound' is a maths library function (for compound
>interest, I presume).  Where do I go from here?
>(Surprisingly, `compound' is on the Sun 4, but not on the Sun 3).

I ran into the same problem and "fixed" it the following way:

I copied /usr/include/math.c to abc/uhdrs, delete the line
containing the compound declaration from it, and changed

#include <math.h> to #include "math.h" in uhdrs/os.h.gen

Afterwards, the whole stuff gets compilated, but then the linker complains
about the following undefined symbols:
_lower _upper _main _mk_indirect _int_quot _wsp_arg _nodetype _int_ldiv
_mk_prd _int_mod _ptnsyze _mk_simploc _bws_arg _node1 _help _resetintrhandler
_node2 _mk_tbseloc _mk_rbounds _use_bed _node3 _node4 _setintrhandler
_is_gr_reccall _node5 _slowterminal _initsig _mk_fun _node6 _node8 _node9
_mkchar _ins_range _split _mk_how _stripped _choice _mk_ref _hushbaby _ask_for
_mk_trimloc

So, it looks as if there is missing some source file(s).

Martin

Martin Schulte
Institute for Theoretical Physics
University of Cologne/Germany