[comp.sources.d] Gnuplot 2.0 patch 2 under Turbo C 2.0

mat@emcard.UUCP (W Mat Waites) (01/09/91)

hello, world

I'm having trouble compiling Gnuplot with the new patches under Turbo c
2.0. The makefile and code now talks about Turbo C++, so I'm wondering if
it SHOULD still work with C 2.0. Has anyone had success? I'm getting
a bunch of unresolved references to functions that are really there.
I wonder if the linker is "filling up" with references although there
are no error messages.

Thanks,
Mat

--
W Mat Waites              |  Walking the wire is living,
{gatech,emory}!emcard!mat |  the rest is just waiting. - Wallenda

eln272v@monu1.cc.monash.oz ( r lang) (01/09/91)

In article <8277@emcard.UUCP>, mat@emcard.UUCP (W Mat Waites) writes:
> I'm having trouble compiling Gnuplot with the new patches under Turbo c
> 2.0. The makefile and code now talks about Turbo C++, so I'm wondering if
> it SHOULD still work with C 2.0. Has anyone had success?

gnuplot 2.0 patchlevel 2 has been compiled with with Turbo C 2.0
and Turbo C++ 1.01.  The only difference is in makefile.tc.
To compile with Turbo C++ 1.01, change TC in makefile.tc to suit
your system.  For Turbo C 2.0, change TC, BIN and BGI.
linkopt.tc also needs to be edited to specify the link libraries.

> I'm getting
> a bunch of unresolved references to functions that are really there.
Which functions?  Send me some mail with the error messages and I might
be able to guess what is happening.

--
Russell Lang   Email: rjl@monu1.cc.monash.edu.au   Phone: (03) 565 3460
Department of Electrical and Computer Systems Engineering

In article <7051@monu1.cc.monash.oz> eln272v@monu1.cc.monash.oz (    r    lang) writes:

>In article <8277@emcard.UUCP>, mat@emcard.UUCP (W Mat Waites) writes:
>> I'm getting
>> a bunch of unresolved references to functions that are really there.

>Which functions?  Send me some mail with the error messages and I might
>be able to guess what is happening.

What is happening is that I am an idiot! I moved the files to the PC with
tar and never added the CR's. Apparently that screws up the compiler.

I moved them again individually with kermit in text mode, and all is OK.

Sorry for the interruption,
Mat