[comp.sources.d] Alternate /etc/login for SCO Xenix

perry@bluemtn (Perry Minyard (3MTA3)) (01/22/91)

Does anybody know of an alternate /etc/login program for SCO XENIX
that will do things like keep track of incorrect login attempts?  Currently
if somebody tries to make numerous attempts to log into our system, we
would have no way of knowing it unless we were watching the modem.

Thanks,

Perry Minyard
                               | Perry Minyard
"A mind is a terrible thing    | ..!emory!bluemtn!perry              (UUCP)
 to taste." - Ministry         | perry@bluemtn.atl.ga.us             (Internet)

jpr@jpradley.jpr.com (Jean-Pierre Radley) (01/22/91)

In article <1991Jan21.171141.23070@bluemtn> perry@bluemtn (Perry Minyard (3MTA3)) writes:

>Does anybody know of an alternate /etc/login program for SCO XENIX
>that will do things like keep track of incorrect login attempts?  Currently
>if somebody tries to make numerous attempts to log into our system, we
>would have no way of knowing it unless we were watching the modem.

Patrick Wood has published routines that might interest you.
Get SECURE.TAZ from LIB 3 of CompuServe's UnixForum.
--

 Jean-Pierre Radley   NYC Public Unix   jpr@jpradley.jpr.com   CIS: 72160,1341