[comp.sources.d] Need help compiling dbz for Cnews under SCO Xenix

marcs@crpmks.UUCP (Marc Snyder) (01/23/91)

Hello all,
	I am trying to compile Cnews, and ran into some trouble.  According
to some, the problem I am having compiling dbz relates to the way that my
system defines size_t.  I was wondering if anyone was able to get dbz to
compile under SCO Xenix 2.3.x?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
--
Marc Snyder                     UUCP: ...philabs!crpmks!marcs
System Administrator                  ...gaboon!crpmks!marcs

jpr@jpradley.jpr.com (Jean-Pierre Radley) (01/24/91)

In article <1433@crpmks.UUCP> marcs@crpmks.UUCP (Marc Snyder) writes:
>	I am trying to compile Cnews, and ran into some trouble.  According
>to some, the problem I am having compiling dbz relates to the way that my
>system defines size_t.  I was wondering if anyone was able to get dbz to
>compile under SCO Xenix 2.3.x?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Marc, I had no trouble whatever _compiling_ dbz on SCO 2.3. However, it doesn't
work.
In cnews/notebook/problems, there's reference to size_t with respect to
Microport. But I think you need to back up a few lines, where it tells you that
compiling dbz _without_ '-O' is probably the medicine you need.

 Jean-Pierre Radley   NYC Public Unix   jpr@jpradley.jpr.com   CIS: 72160,1341

mpd@anomaly.SBS.COM (Michael P. Deignan) (01/27/91)

marcs@crpmks.UUCP (Marc Snyder) writes:

>	I am trying to compile Cnews, and ran into some trouble.  According
>to some, the problem I am having compiling dbz relates to the way that my
>system defines size_t.  I was wondering if anyone was able to get dbz to
>compile under SCO Xenix 2.3.x?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Yes, we use it here for an approximate unbatching speed of 3 to 5
articles/second.

However, I used:

	1. GCC w/ Header Fixes from our friends @ robobar.co.uk
	2. 2.3.1b devsys
	3. 2.3.3 os/sys files

What would you like to know?

MD
--
--  Michael P. Deignan                      / They're not "bombs".
--  Domain: mpd@anomaly.sbs.com            /  They're "gifts".