[comp.sources.d] Mtools bug???

routh@eltanin.rtp.semi.harris.com (Kevin Routh x622) (03/11/91)

I have a version of mtools which seems to have a problem.  When doing
an mcopy from diskette -> SparcStation, the file date/time gets screwed
up.  It's ok in the other direction (Sun -> diskette).  Has any one
else seen this problem, and if so, is there a fix???
--
Kevin Routh (routh@rtp.semi.harris.com)
Harris Corporation, Durham, NC

det@hawkmoon.MN.ORG (Derek E. Terveer) (03/16/91)

routh@eltanin.rtp.semi.harris.com (Kevin Routh x622) writes:

>When doing
>an mcopy from diskette -> SparcStation, the file date/time gets screwed
>up.

What do you mean by "screwed up?"

>It's ok in the other direction (Sun -> diskette).  Has any one
>else seen this problem, and if so, is there a fix???

If you mean that the modification time of the file gets updated during the copy
(as opposed to the default messy-dos modus operandi), you can use the -m option
to mcopy to suppress this behaviour.
Otherwise, it seems to work fine on my 386 based system (esix 5.3.2-d).
--
Derek "Tigger" Terveer	det@hawkmoon.MN.ORG -- U of MN Women's Lax
I am the way and the truth and the light, I know all the answers; don't need