[comp.sources.d] RCS for MSDOS

carl@uk96sup.UUCP (Carl Taylor) (05/07/91)

I have been using RCS 5 under unix to control my development projects at
work.  I am now setting up some small development project at home based
under MSDOS and I would like to set up RCS to operate on a PC.  Although
I could spend time porting the RCS myself I would prefer not to if the
work has already been performed by someone else.

If you know of the whereabouts of such a port or of the diffs or if you
are able to mail the diffs to me I would appreciate the help.

Regards,
Carl Taylor

--
Harris Adacom Ltd      | UUCP:  ...!uunet!supernet!uk96sup!carl
Eskdale Road,          | UUCP:  ...!uunet!mcsun!ukc!pyrltd!uk96sup!carl

shurr@cbnews.cb.att.com (larry.a.shurr) (05/09/91)

In article <carl.673623204@uk96sup> carl@uk96sup.UUCP (Carl Taylor) writes:
}I have been using RCS 5 under unix to control my development projects at
}work.  I am now setting up some small development project at home based
}under MSDOS and I would like to set up RCS to operate on a PC.  Although
}I could spend time porting the RCS myself I would prefer not to if the
}work has already been performed by someone else.

}If you know of the whereabouts of such a port or of the diffs or if you
}are able to mail the diffs to me I would appreciate the help.

Carl,

A DOS RCS was posted to comp.binaries.ibm.pc last Aug-Sep, 1990.  I'm
reasonably certain that it's ver 4.3 of RCS.  The names were:

	Name          Vol	Iss
	--------      ---	---
	dosrcsex	7	145	Executables using GNU diff & sort
	dosrcsmp	7	144	Man pages
	dosrcss		7	269	Source code
	mksrcsex	7	151	Executables using MKS diff & sort

Actually, mksrcsex has been renamed at the request of Mortice Kern Systems
in order to avoid comflicting with their commercial release of RCS for DOS.
Unfortunately, I don't remember the revised name.

A port of RCS 4.3 for OS/2 was posted to comp.binaries.os2 in Nov, 1990:

	rcs43x		2	045

Hopefully, this will help.

Regards, Larry
--
Larry A. Shurr (las@cbnmva.att.com or att!cbnmva!las) speaking only for myself.
Oh! King, eh! Very nice! And how'd ya get that! By exploitin` the workers! By

toma@swsrv1.cirr.com (Tom Armistead) (05/09/91)

In article <carl.673623204@uk96sup> carl@uk96sup.UUCP (Carl Taylor) writes:
>I have been using RCS 5 under unix to control my development projects at
>work.  I am now setting up some small development project at home based
>under MSDOS and I would like to set up RCS to operate on a PC.  Although
>I could spend time porting the RCS myself I would prefer not to if the
>work has already been performed by someone else.
>
>If you know of the whereabouts of such a port or of the diffs or if you
>are able to mail the diffs to me I would appreciate the help.
>
>Regards,
>Carl Taylor
>
>--
>Harris Adacom Ltd      | UUCP:  ...!uunet!supernet!uk96sup!carl
>Eskdale Road,          | UUCP:  ...!uunet!mcsun!ukc!pyrltd!uk96sup!carl
>Winnersh, Wokingham,   | NET:   carl@uk96sup.uk.haus.com
>RG11 5TR.              | Phone: +44 734 442777  Fax: +44 734 442683

Mortice Kern Systems (MKS) sells a version of RCS for DOS.  Seems like
it was about $200?

Morice Kern Systems
35 King Street North
Warterloo, Ontario
Canada  N2J2W9

(519)884-2251
--
Tom Armistead - Software Services - 2918 Dukeswood Dr. - Garland, Tx  75040
toma@swsrv1.cirr.com                {egsner,letni,ozdaltx,void}!swsrv1!toma

In article <carl.673623204@uk96sup> carl@uk96sup.UUCP (Carl Taylor) writes:
   I have been using RCS 5 under unix to control my development projects at
   work.  I am now setting up some small development project at home based
   under MSDOS and I would like to set up RCS to operate on a PC.  Although
   I could spend time porting the RCS myself I would prefer not to if the
   work has already been performed by someone else.

   If you know of the whereabouts of such a port or of the diffs or if you
   are able to mail the diffs to me I would appreciate the help.

FTP to and fetch ursa-major.spdcc.com:pub/sos/README.RCS, or myrcs.zoo

--
--russ <nelson@clutx.clarkson.edu> I'm proud to be a humble Quaker.
It's better to get mugged than to live a life of fear -- Freeman Dyson