[comp.sys.misc] CD-ROM standards

nakul@seismo.css.gov (12/06/86)

I am looking for a copy (on-line or otherwise) of any of the current
standards relevant to CD-ROM (Compact Disc Read Only Memory).
This includes the physical and recording standards (from the Philips-Sony
"Yellow Book") and the logical file format standards developed by the
High Sierra Group and submitted to NISO, ECMA and ISO for standardization.

I am also interested in learning about any operating systems that cater
for CD-ROM drives (such as Microsoft's extension to MS-DOS version 3)

I can be reached on the following paths:

POST:  John Nakulski,
       Customer Services and Systems Branch,
       Telecom Australia Research Laboratories,
       770 Blackburn Road,
       Clayton, Victoria 3168,
       Australia
PHONE:          +61-3-541-6768
ACSNET, CSNET:  nakul@trldeity.oz
UUCP:           seismo!munnari!trldeity.oz!nakul
ARPA:           nakul%trldeity.oz@seismo.css.gov

kushnier@nadc.arpa (12/09/86)

>From kushnier Mon Dec  8 14:14:10 1986
Subject: CD-ROM Standards
Cc: kushnier

With Reference to CD-ROM Standards;

The Sony-Philips Standards(Red Book, Yellow Book, Green Book) are only
available to licensed developers.

For High Sierra Group Standards write to:   Pat Harris
                                            National Bureau Of Standards
                                            ADM. 101/library E-106
                                            Gaithersburg, MD. U.S.A. 20899

michael@orcisi.UUCP (12/09/86)

> For High Sierra Group Standards write to:   Pat Harris
>                                             National Bureau Of Standards
>                                             ADM. 101/library E-106
>                                             Gaithersburg, MD. U.S.A. 20899

Try calling first.  I think NBS is charging US$25 for the documents.