[comp.sys.misc] Computer design

CHIASSON@drea-xx.arpa (02/13/87)

From RISKS on the bulletin board (Monday, 8 Feb. 1987, Vol. 4 #46):

Date: 4 Feb 1987 17:27:55-EST
From: Pavel.pa@Xerox.COM@MIT-CCC
Subject: Recursive risks in computer design

Open-Apple, Feb '87 mentions a Wall Street Journal article...

Recently, Apple Computer Inc. purchased a $14.5 Cray Research supercomputer
to aid in the design of their next-generation Apple computers.

John Rollwagen, Cray Research Inc. chief executive, told Seymour Cray about
how Apple was using their newly purchased Cray supercomputer.  "There was a
pause on the other end of the line, and Seymour said `That's interesting,
because I'm designing the next Cray with an Apple.'"
-------

roberts@icst-ecf.arpa (02/14/87)

> Open-Apple, Feb '87 mentions a Wall Street Journal article...

> Recently, Apple Computer Inc. purchased a $14.5 Cray Research supercomputer
> to aid in the design of their next-generation Apple computers.

Those big corporations get all the price breaks!

------