[comp.sys.misc] Looking for Callan users

shprentz@donut.UUCP (03/26/87)

In article <758@arthur.cs.purdue.edu> , bxd@arthur.cs.purdue.edu
(Buster Dunsmore) writes:
> In article <4842@ism780c.UUCP>, tim@ism780c.UUCP (Tim Smith) writes:
> >
> > When I worked at Callan Data Systems, I used to buy a small bag of M&M's
> > out of the vending machine every day.  Before eating it, I would count each
> > color, and append the results to a database I was maintaining.  Sadly, my
> > database was lost when Callan went under.
>
> Hmmm!  Maybe there's some truth to the rumor that Callan Data Systems went
> under because of employees counting M&M's on company time.

Whatever the reason for Callan's demise, I'm still running Unix on an early
Callan Unistar 200.  Needless to say, hardware and software support is a
bit hard to come by.

If you are running a Callan system and would be willing to share your
experiences, problems, and solutions, please reply by electronic mail.

--
Joel Shprentz                   Phone:  (703) 848-7305
BDM Corporation                 Uucp:  seismo!bdmrrr!donut!shprentz

dan@rna.UUCP (03/27/87)

In article <833@donut.uucp> shprentz@donut.uucp (Joel Shprentz) writes:

>If you are running a Callan system and would be willing to share your
>experiences, problems, and solutions, please reply by electronic mail.

	Anyone want to buy a Callan ? It is a functioning unit. Perhaps
someone wants a second one or one for spare parts. Please make an offer.
Be (somewhat but not entirely) reasonable.

	Thanks.

					Cheers,
					Dan Ts'o
					Dept. Neurobiology