[comp.sys.misc] The Ultra Utilities

SAC.55SRW-LGS@E.ISI.EDU (07/15/87)

        There's a rumor that the author of the Ultra utilities
passed away, and that the company he worked for has no one to
support this program.  The rumor thus declares the Ultra
Utilities as freeware.  Can anyone authoritatively confirm or
deny this?

Regards,

Ed Starr

kotlas@ecsvax.UUCP (Carolyn Kotlas) (07/15/87)

In article <8292@brl-adm.ARPA>, SAC.55SRW-LGS@E.ISI.EDU writes:

>         There's a rumor that the author of the Ultra utilities
> passed away, and that the company he worked for has no one to
> support this program.  The rumor thus declares the Ultra
> Utilities as freeware.  Can anyone authoritatively confirm or
> deny this?

This info. for users of ULTRA UTILITIES was printed in the
April '87 newsletter of THE PUBLIC (software) LIBRARY:

"We were recently informed by Ron White of San Antonio that the
author of "Ultra Utilities" died some time ago.  Reportedly, he did
not leave usable source code, so his business associates are no
longer able to support the program."
--
Carolyn Kotlas    (kotlas@ecsvax)
UNC-Educational Computing Service   P. O. Box 12035      2 Davis Drive