[comp.sys.misc] Do we need c.s.i.p.tech?

pete@octopus.UUCP (Pete Holzmann) (05/16/88)

In article <5624@sgistl.SGI.COM> larry@sgistl.SGI.COM (Larry Autry) writes:
>In article <217@octopus.UUCP>, I write:
>> I'm trying to figure out the level of technical content appropriate for
>> this group.

>The unix newsgroups are subdivided.  One for wizards and one for neophytes.
>If the subject is somewhere in between levels of difficulty then the poster
>has a decision to make where to post.  Perhaps this group should be divided
>into comp.sys.ibm.pc and comp.sys.ibm.pc.tech.  Any agreement?  Any dissent?

Early returns on my call for votes indicates that everybody likes heavy-duty
technical content. Fodder for thought.

Pete

--
  OOO   __| ___      Peter Holzmann, Octopus Enterprises
 OOOOOOO___/ _______ USPS: 19611 La Mar Court, Cupertino, CA 95014