[comp.sys.misc] info-amiga

smith@nrl-aic.arpa (Russ Smith) (04/24/87)

Pardon the intrusion to this generic list, but...

Our site (and apparently others) has not received anything from the
Info-Amiga list since at least March 13th, yet I understand that the
non-ARPA equivalent is quite active. Does anyone know if this lack of
distribution is due to Rutgers "turning off" the list during busy times
or something? Messages sent to the -Request address also have not
generated any response.

Dickson@his-phoenix-multics.arpa (04/24/87)

I believe the problem stems from a lack of time to generate the digests.

In article <7093@brl-adm.ARPA> smith@nrl-aic.arpa (Russ Smith) writes:
>Pardon the intrusion to this generic list, but...
>
>Our site (and apparently others) has not received anything from the
>Info-Amiga list since at least March 13th, yet I understand that the
>non-ARPA equivalent is quite active. Does anyone know if this lack of
>distribution is due to Rutgers "turning off" the list during busy times
>or something? Messages sent to the -Request address also have not
>generated any response.

Yes, Elliot Lear posted a note saying that he would not have time to
generate and post the digests while classes are in session.  If someone
is really eager to help out, I guess they should contact Elliot, otherwise
you will have to arrange access to the unix/uucp side of the news network.

blue@CEEE-SED.ARPA ("James L. Blue") (05/31/88)

Is there an Info-Amiga anywhere, under that name or any other?
    Jim Blue
    National Bureau of Standards
    blue @ ceee-sed.arpa
------

berry@hor-res.UUCP (No comment) (06/06/88)

In article <8805311318.AA28888@ucbvax.Berkeley.EDU>, blue@CEEE-SED.ARPA ("James L. Blue") writes:
> Is there an Info-Amiga anywhere, under that name or any other?
>     Jim Blue
>     National Bureau of Standards
>     blue @ ceee-sed.arpa
> ------

 This may be Ignorant but here goes - Info-Amiga? Looking for a news
group? A magasine? There are newsgroups called comp.sys.amiga and
comp.sys.amiga.tech if thats what you want. There's also a mag under the
name of Info, but thats another story.
 If you have a question you can either ask me, or post it to the newsgroups
just mentioned.

Sorry If I'm completely off base here - just tring to help.

--
-Steve Berry-
		...!bunny!hor-res!berry