[comp.sys.misc] mini Pascalish interpreters

secrist@msdsws.DEC.COM (Richard Secrist, Digital Equip. Corp. USA) (09/16/88)

 >	From:    0rrodrig@teknowledge-vaxc.arpa (Russ  Rodriguez)
 >	Subject: Translator Source-code Needed
 >
 >	I'm interested in obtaining the source code  for  an  interpreter
 >	capable  of  executing  pascal-like  statements  --  or a similar
 >	mini-language type syntax.  It doesn't  need  to  be  full-blown,
 >	only written in a BNF style to help me understand the concepts of
 >	Backus-Naur Format.  Also,  any  worthy  publication  information
 >	along the same concept would be eternally appreciated.

In the CP/M-80 community there is a compiler-making tool called META4
that is in either the SIG/M or CPMUG libraries that allows you to
create your own lanugage compilers.  An example is given to make a
mini Algol-flavored language, although you don't code them up with BNF.
It was written up in DDJ some years back as a reprint from an ACM journal.
It is a descendent of META2, which was originally born on early-60's
mainframes back in the memory-lean days of 64K 360's.

rcs