[comp.sys.misc] 8-Bit Doorstop Hacking

secrist@msdsws.DEC.COM (Richard Secrist, Digital Equip. Corp. USA) (09/16/88)

 >	From:     mcvax!ukc!mupsy!liv-cs!keith@uunet.uu.net
 >	Subject:  ZX-80 Hackers (Any Jupiter Ace folks ?) Eh?
 >
 >	Is this a joke?

No -- it's not.  By "doing something" I meant a dedicated hardware-type
project like a burgular alarm, not something like a word processor.
Although the ZX-8n folks do have their adherants, I largely consider
the thing to be an 8-bit doorstop.  It's ideal for a hardware project
though because if you screw up and blow the thing up you're not out
much.  The Jupiter Ace is still a cute box for FORTH hackers doing the
same kind of project although it sure could use a real keyboard and a
disk, though.  This is minimalist hackery here, not Word Perfect land !

rcs