[comp.sys.misc] Inappropreate??? Why?

cory@gloom.UUCP (Cory Kempf) (10/20/88)

In article <8453@mhuxu.UUCP>, jmj@mhuxu.UUCP (J. M. Johnson) writes:

> Why do people insist on continuously posting to inappropriate newsgroups.
> Please take all this discussion about this NeXT crap to 'alt.next' where
> it belongs.

Here is a copy of the Newsgroups: line:
]Newsgroups: comp.sys.misc,comp.os.misc,comp.misc,comp.arch

and here are the lines describing each of those newsgroups:

comp.sys.misc		Discussion about computers of all kinds.
comp.os.misc		General OS-oriented discussion not carried elsewhere.
comp.misc		General topics about computers not covered elsewhere.
comp.arch		Computer architecture.

Currently, there is no "comp.sys.next", or similar mainstram
newsgroup.  If a site is not participating in the alt-net, there
is no group specifically for the NeXT.

I think that J. M. Johnson either owes the net an apology or an
explanation as to how discussion of the NeXT computer, it's
architecture and it's OS are in appropriate to these newsgroups.

--
Cory Kempf
UUCP: {decvax, bu-cs}!encore!gloom!cory