[comp.sys.misc] Which books on disc?

wfp@dasys1.UUCP (William Phillips) (11/11/88)

In article <544@mks.UUCP> wheels@mks.UUCP (Gerry Wheeler) writes:

>There is a project at the University of Waterloo (just down the road) in
>conjunction with the Oxford people which is bringing the OED into the
>electronic age. I understand they have the text online, and I've seen
>demos of the software they've written to access it. It's very nice indeed.

It's already being advertised in _English Today_ magazine (published by
Cambridge University Press), and it was reviewed in the July issue of
that quarterly.  The US price is approximately $1,200.00.

Oh, yes -- it doesn't include the Supplement(s?).

--
William Phillips                 {allegra,philabs,cmcl2}!phri\
Acting Co-administrator          {bellcore,cmcl2}!cucard!dasys1!wfp