[comp.sys.misc] INFO-MICRO Digest V89 #84

DJOHNSON%CH3@sc.intel.COM ("Don Johnson x2908 ms:c3-89 Pole: H5") (04/17/89)

Sorry about posting this to the net, but I can't reach uu.net directly.

Chess Ferrier writes:

>From: mcvax!ukc!pyrltd!slxsys!ibmpcug!chess@uunet.uu.net  (Chess Ferrier)
>Subject: T3100/20 CO-PROCESSOR ?

>Can I fit a CO-PROCESSOR into a TOSHIBA T3100/20 ?
>I've pulled the system apart and can not find a socket anywhere !

I'm almost sure you can.  If it's anything like the T1200, the socket is
hidden under the keyboard.  You have to take your machine apart and then pop
out the keyboard, too.  I think you have to remove jumper J21, also.  It
should be right next to it.  This is all off the top of my head.  Write me
directly at DJOHNSON%CH3@SC.INTEL.COM if you need any of this verified.  We
can call Toshiba directly if nothing else.

>Is the 80287-10 Co-Processor the right one ?

Don't know.  I'll have to look up the parts in the catalog tomorrow at work.
If I remember right, the -xx on the 287 and 387 give its max. clock operating
speed, unlike the 8087.  If the clock rate on the T3100 is 10MHz or below,
this should work.  Again, if you want me to double-check, write me directly.

  DJ