[comp.sys.misc] Talk about acorn computers

charles1@garfield.MUN.EDU (Charles Loader) (05/20/89)

This is a repost as the first attempt seemed to get nowhere.
Posted to ibm.pc because of interest that might exist in
the PC.EMULATOR.

ACORN are not dead in Canada. In my department the are two US version
model B machines in constant use (and less trouble to use than PC-Clones)
I have an Acorn Archimedes at home that I have just upgraded with the
new RISC-OS. So far the new OS looks like healthy competition for
Apple MAC (640 x 512 in colour an Multisync) and others.

I would be interested in seeing discussion of the Arch on the net.
Newfoundland is rather a long way from the UK and Toronto so I am
a little out of touch with other Arch users.

In Canada, the Archimedes is supplied by Olivetti (Canada) from
Ontario.

Now a question! Has anyone got the Hearsay communications package
working under the RISC-OS? C-Kermit works fine but Hearsay seems
unable to set the baud rate correctly. (David Pilling - where are you?)

                             Charles Loader
                             Chemistry Department
                             Memorial University of Newfoundland