[comp.sys.misc] Acorn R140

curtis@madnix.UUCP (Curt Chambers) (05/10/89)

Looking For Information...

I need help in contacting Acorn Computers Limited, makers of the new Acorn R140
Unix workstation.  I had the following CA based address/phone for them but the
number has been disconnected:

	Acorn Research Centre
	5 Palo Alto Square, Suite 910
	3000 El Camino Real
	Palo Alto, CA  94306
	(415)  424-1114

Does anyone know if this office has been closed -or- has the number been changedrecently?  The recording said disconnected...no info avail. etc...  I have an
UK "Freepost" address for them as well as a "Free Call" telephone number - but
I don't believe those are valid from the States...

If anyone could furnish me with a valid UK -or- US address/phone I would me mostappreciative!  Additionally I am looking for any and all information on the
R140 workstation as well as the Archimedes personal computer or their RISC O/S
product.

Thanks.

Curt Chambers
7510 Tree Lane, #3
Madison, WI  53717
(608) 833-7691 [(608) 241-1291 Work]

Disclaimer...My opinions are my own and quite possible do not represent those ofMadnix or ARP Software.

E181@vaxa.complab.bangor.ac.UK (Paul Mather) (05/12/89)

I've just read of your attempts to track down Acorn.  I'm afraid I can't
supply a phone number but I can supply an e-mail address which you can
try.  Mail your queries to:

                    POSTMASTER%UK.CO.ACORN@UK.AC.UKC

And they should be passed on to the relevant person.  They should be able
to tell you how to find a local dealer and so forth (Note: I know this
e-mail address works because I tried it fairly recently and received a reply).

If you have trouble accessing the UK via e-mail, you might try:

EARN/BITNET: POSTMASTER%ACORN.CO.UK%UKC.AC.UK@UKACRL.BITNET
Internet: POSTMASTER%ACORN.CO.UK%UKC.AC.UK@CUNYVM.CUNY.EDU

or any other you think might work.

Hope this helps,

Paul Mather.

Disclaimer: I have no affiliation with Acorn - I'm just somebody who
happens to know their e-mail address!

andy@acorn.co.uk (Andy Ingle) (05/16/89)

In article <654@madnix.UUCP>, curtis@madnix.UUCP (Curt Chambers) writes:
> I need help in contacting Acorn Computers Limited, makers of the new Acorn R140
> Unix workstation.  I had the following CA based address/phone for them but the
> number has been disconnected...

Acorn Computers Limited is a relatively small company based in Cambridge,
UK. We used to have a research station at the Palo Alto address you gave
but this has since been taken over by Olivetti and has moved to another
part of town. You can contact us in the UK by e-mail: outside enquiries
should be directed to "SID@acorn.co.uk".

There is even an Acorn newsgroup in Europe - eunet.micro.acorn - it has
been around long before Acorn started taking news, perhaps someone out
there will propose upgrading it to a comp group :-)

--Andy Ingle (andy@acorn.co.uk, Acorn postmaster)

nga@root.co.uk (Nick Armitage) (05/17/89)

In article <654@madnix.UUCP>, curtis@madnix.UUCP (Curt Chambers) writes:
> I need help in contacting Acorn Computers Limited,
> If anyone could furnish me with a valid UK -or- US address/phone I would be
> most appreciative!

Acorn Computers Limited
Sulbourne Road
Cherry Hinton
Cambridge
CB1 4JN

inside UK: 0223 245200
outside UK: +44 223 245200

[I have no connection with Acorn or its products etc etc]

nick
_
Nick Armitage, UniSoft Limited, 8 Hayne Street, London, EC1A 9HH, England.
phone: +44 1 315 6600 fax: +44 1 315 6622 telex: 885995 UNISFT G

London phone codes change 06 May 1990. Inner city goes from +44 1 to +44 71.
Outer city goes from +44 1 to +44 81. UniSoft is in the inner city :-|

My opinions do not necessarily represent those of any UniSoft Group company.

kebera@alzabo.UUCP (Krishna E. Bera) (05/22/89)

Here is another contact for Acorn in North America:

	Dorothy Netherwood
	Olivetti Canada Ltd.
	3190 Steeles Avenue East.
	Markham, Ontario, Canada

	1-800-387-9650 (works in Canada, anyway)

--
Programmer on the loose
kebera@alzabo.UUCP