[comp.sys.misc] INFO-MICRO Digest V89 #123

GOODWIN@SMCVAX.BITNET ("Dr. DOS") (06/05/89)

>Paul A. Thiessen writes:
>
>Hello.
>  Does anyone know where I can buy just the box (shell) of an AT-size
>IBM compatible computer?

One source I've dealt with previously is JDR Microdevices, whose ads you can
find in most computer oriented mags.  Another good idea would be to buy a copy
of Computer Shopper; you'll be up to your armpits in choices!

>Ron Natalie writes:
>
>I thought that the Lucasfilm Games group got scrapped.  One
>of the people in the group is now at Bellcore (bellcore!psl).

Lucasfilm Games is alive and well.  They have quite an active support group
on Compuserve and are in final testing on their new PC game, 'Their Finest
Hour.'  This is a Battle of Britain simulation based on improved Battlehawks
1942 techniques and should be quite thrilling.  Battlehawks 1942, at least the
PC version, is outstanding.  While not as accurate in terms of flight mechanics
as some other simulators, it has an air combat feeling that the others can't
match.  Real sweaty airmpits stuff when you're in an SBD diving vertically
toward a Japanese carrier with 3-4 Zeros on your tail.  Highly recommended.

Dave Goodwin
GOODWIN@SMCVAX