[comp.sys.misc] Anyone out there using DG RISC systems?

evan@telly.on.ca (Evan Leibovitch) (08/30/89)

I'm trying to confirm or deny claims by Data General that there are
oodles of their Motorola 88000-based Aviion 5100s and 6100s out there.
Someone has suggested that there may be fewer than 200 in existence.

I have yet to find, in my travels, anyone that has come closer to one
than at a trade show. Does anyone out there in actually work with one of
these beasts? Or know someone who does?

Please e-mail replies. Thanks.
--
  Evan Leibovitch, SA, Telly Online, located in beautiful Brampton, Ontario
evan@telly.on.ca / uunet!attcan!telly!evan / Director & editor, /usr/group/cdn

dgh@unify.UUCP (David Harrington) (09/01/89)

In article <620422176.27925@telly.on.ca> evan@telly.on.ca (Evan Leibovitch) writes:
>I'm trying to confirm or deny claims by Data General that there are
>oodles of their Motorola 88000-based Aviion 5100s and 6100s out there.
>Someone has suggested that there may be fewer than 200 in existence.

You're polling the net to find out whether or not there are "oodles" of
systems "out there"????

Sort of imprecise, don't you think?  Considering the availability of the
chipset, and the newness of DG to the workstation business, I'd say that 200
would qualify as "oodles".