[comp.sys.misc] Info on an emulator for a VT 340

S3LMGAD@SAE.TOWSON.EDU ("Garry A. Dinkin") (09/14/89)

Hello All,
        I along with many of my friends and cohorts access our school's
VAX by way of the phone lines.  The problem being that the terminals for the
VAX are constantly being improved, but there does not seem to communication
programs that emulate the VT 340's which are the latest term's we have.
        All I have been able locate is Reflections 2.x with a VT 240 emulation.
        Any suggestions?   Thanks,

Garry A. Dinkin
S3LMGAD@SAE.TOWSON.EDU - INTERNET
S3LMGAD@SAE.TOWSONVX   - BITNET

S.S.U. BOX 1047
Salisbury State University
Salisbury, MD 21801
(301)548-2192

pekka@tuura.UUCP (Pekka Niemi) (09/28/89)

In article <8909150707.AA22940@ucbvax.Berkeley.EDU> S3LMGAD@SAE.TOWSON.EDU ("Garry A. Dinkin") writes:
>Hello All,
>VAX are constantly being improved, but there does not seem to communication
>programs that emulate the VT 340's which are the latest term's we have.
>        All I have been able locate is Reflections 2.x with a VT 240 emulation.

  Try Reflection R4+  -  if I recall right, it has at least vt300 (and
  ReGis + Tektronix).

--
Pekka Niemi - UUCP:...!mcvax!tut!tuura!pekka Internet:pekka@tuura.data.nokia.fi
Opinions presented above are my own and have nothing to do with my employer.

prc@erbe.se (Robert Claeson) (09/29/89)

In article <456@tuura.UUCP> pekka@tuura.UUCP (Pekka Niemi) writes:

>  Try Reflection R4+  -  if I recall right, it has at least vt300 (and
>  ReGis + Tektronix).

At least the version that I used over a year ago had VT240 emulation
with the VT330 (340?) ReGis commands. That is, not a full VT340 emulation.

--
          Robert Claeson      E-mail: rclaeson@erbe.se
	  ERBE DATA AB