[comp.sys.misc] Intergraph Unix upgrade problems.

horton@b11.ingr.com (Mac Horton) (11/10/89)

In article <130@igusig.UUCP> eric@igusig.UUCP (new user) writes:
>We have just loaded the new Clix SystemV release 3.1 onto our Intergraph
>Interact 32c workstations.  The new version does not allow my users to do
>the dtu, utd, and a few other important commands without super user access.
>Has anyone else had this same problem?  If so did you find a fix for it?

	I assume you saw Nik Simpson's fix, so I won't repeat it.
Thought I'd mention that in the release we are currently certifying (due
out Q190) these commands have been changed so as not to require su
privilege.  Sorry for the inconvenience; they have previously been
installed to run setuid-root but for some reason (bug in the makefile?)
that didn't get done in the last release.

--
Mac Horton @ Intergraph	| horton@ingr.COM  |  ..uunet!ingr!horton