[comp.sys.misc] EASY MONEY

johnl@esegue.segue.boston.ma.us (John R. Levine) (11/23/89)

In article <18572@kuhub.cc.ukans.edu> KUDLACEK@kuhub.cc.ukans.edu writes:
>[the same mail order chain letter that showed up in alt.fax last week]
>   REMEMBER - THIS PROGRAM FAILS IF YOU ARE NOT HONEST - PLEASE!!
>  10. Kale Kudlacek     1241 Tennessee  Apt#4
>                        Lawrence,  KS
>                        66045

Jeez.  Enough already.  These things are fraudulent and illegal.  At least
the last guy posted it to look at, not to make himself rich.
--
John R. Levine, Segue Software, POB 349, Cambridge MA 02238, +1 617 864 9650
johnl@esegue.segue.boston.ma.us, {ima|lotus|spdcc}!esegue!johnl

PETERSON@S35.Prime.COM (11/24/89)

@Flame(On)

> is kudlacek@kuhub.cc.ukans.edu
  a.k.a. Kale Kudlacek     1241 Tennessee  Apt#4
                           Lawrence,  KS
                           66045

>Fellow Debtor:                              November 13, 1989
>
>    The following document is going to sound EXACTLY like a
>mail order con.  The fact is that none of us want to get ripped

That's because it is (except that it uses a computer).

>by some jerk with nothing else to do but dream these things up.

Bingo!  Give that man a(n exploding) cigar!

>BUT - if you will take the 5 minutes it took me to read this,
>you will see that it really can work - it's all based on the
>multiplication factor.  Take this week off from Lotto America

If you find enough suckers, anything can work.  What happens when you
run out of suckers?

[remainder of posting, describing an old-fashioned (and illegal)
 pyramid scheme, deleted]

Can you say wire fraud?  Sure you can.

@Flame(On_Even_Higher)

WHAT THE #$&* IS THIS POSTING DOING IN COMP.SYS.MISC????????
It has nothing to do with computer systems (only how to use a computer
to take advantage of people with more dollars than sense).

@Flame(Off)

Thank you.  I feel much better now.
David Peterson   10B-21   (822)3630    Internet:    peterson@minerva.prime.com
                                       UUCP: ...!{csnet-relay uunet decwrl}!
_____________  __                                   minerva.prime.com!peterson
_________     /  >
___________  /__/ __  '  ___    __       A government which  robs Peter to pay
__________  /    /   /  / > >  /__>      Paul can always depend on the support
_________  /    /   /  / / /  <___       of Paul.         -George Bernard Shaw

Opinions expressed are my own and are not necessarily those of Prime Computer,
but they can become yours too for a small monthly fee.

kebera@alzabo.uucp (Krishna E. Bera) (11/26/89)

Looks like another sucker has fallen for another
pyramid scheme. If nobody replies, he won't get
his five bucks back. Let's try to keep this stuff
off the net, huh?
(Note my followup line.)
--
Programmer on the loose